Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Gun Beats Bomb in Bank Robbery

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story...6-1237c14d1376

Gun Beats Bomb in Bank Robbery

Slideshow
    (WXYZ) -- An attempted bank robbery in Canton played out like a scene from a movie Monday when a man who police say claimed to have a bomb was stopped by a customer armed with a pistol.

WATCH EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE HERO IN VIDEO PLAYER RIGHT

The drama started just after the Comerica bank on Michigan Ave. opened around 9 a.m. Police say 54-year-old man Joseph Webster from Washtenaw County walked up to a teller and handed her a note claiming he had a bomb strapped to his body.

CLICK ON SLIDESHOW LEFT TO SEE THE NOTE

The fast-thinking teller hit the silent alarm while filling a bag with $1 bills -- until, police say, Webster demanded "bands of 50s and 100s." Another teller saw the situation unfolding and alerted Nabil Fawzi, 39, a long-time customer.

Fawzi, who spent six years in the Lebanese army, took matters into his own hands.

He tells WXYZ.com he pulled out a .9 mm handgun (for which he had a CCW permit), racked a bullet in the chamber, pointed it at Webster and announced, "You are not robbing this bank!"

The startled Webster countered with, "but, I have a bomb" -- but Fawzi wasn't impressed. "I don't care. You are not robbing this bank!" was the reply from the other side of the gun. He then forced the Webster into a chair and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Police tell WXYZ.com there were no injuries, no issues with Fawzi's CCW permit, and no bomb found at the scene.

Webster was arraigned Tuesday afternoon and charged with one count of bank robbery, one count of armed robbery, and a habitual third offense. He faces 25 years to life in prison.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Allegheny County)

Default Armed Citizen stops robber in a Bank

Read the comments... it sickens me that people would tear this hero down... Comments like "Sounds of "Dirty Harry" all over this one." and "Stupid thing for the customer to do." show how much people hav become sheep.

Also the petty bickering over weather or not the guy could have the gun in the bank... gawd, gun owners are their own worst enemy. If he wasn't charged with a crime, then he probably did nothing illegal!

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story...6-1237c14d1376

Gun Beats Bomb in Bank Robbery

Last Update: 7:23 pm

(WXYZ) -- An attempted bank robbery in Canton played out like a scene from a movie Monday when a man who police say claimed to have a bomb was stopped by a customer armed with a pistol.

The drama started just after the Comerica bank on Michigan Ave. opened around 9 a.m. Police say 54-year-old man Joseph Webster from Washtenaw County walked up to a teller and handed her a note claiming he had a bomb strapped to his body.

The fast-thinking teller hit the silent alarm while filling a bag with $1 bills -- until, police say, Webster demanded "bands of 50s and 100s." Another teller saw the situation unfolding and alerted Nabil Fawzi, 39, a long-time customer.

Fawzi, who spent six years in the Lebanese army, took matters into his own hands.

He tells WXYZ.com he pulled out a .9 mm handgun (for which he had a CCW permit), racked a bullet in the chamber, pointed it at Webster and announced, "You are not robbing this bank!"

The startled Webster countered with, "but, I have a bomb" -- but Fawzi wasn't impressed. "I don't care. You are not robbing this bank!" was the reply from the other side of the gun. He then forced the Webster into a chair and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Police tell WXYZ.com there were no injuries, no issues with Fawzi's CCW permit, and no bomb found at the scene.

Webster was arraigned Tuesday afternoon and charged with one count of bank robbery, one count of armed robbery, and a habitual third offense. He faces 25 years to life in prison.

Default Re: Armed Citizen stops robber in a Bank

Normally, I'd be kind of pissed at folks ragging on somebody who stopped a bank robbery and helped get a three time loser off the street for good.

But didn't you read the article, and take note of the little mousegun the guy was carrying? A ".9 (point 9) millimeter handgun is just to tiny to be safely used for self defense. This guy should get a real gun.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    A ".9 (point 9) millimeter handgun is just to tiny to be safely used for self defense. This guy should get a real gun.
    I saw that and let it go as an editor who isn't familiar with firearms

After all, I carry a .40 mm, right?

(Lackawanna County)

A ".9 (point 9) millimeter handgun is just to tiny to be safely used for self defense. This guy should get a real gun.
    HE COULD PUT SOMEONE'S EYE OUT FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Pike County)

I am not trying to rag on the guy, but no round in the chamber????

(Lancaster County)

That's hilarious. .9 MM. I love it. Although I think if the guy was just gonna take the money I would have kept an eye on him. Then again I wasn't there so...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Normally, I'd be kind of pissed at folks ragging on somebody who stopped a bank robbery and helped get a three time loser off the street for good.

But didn't you read the article, and take note of the little mousegun the guy was carrying? A ".9 (point 9) millimeter handgun is just to tiny to be safely used for self defense. This guy should get a real gun.
    I agree there is not much you are going to kill with a .9mm.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    You know the reporter was trying to make is sound movieish.... I'm betting being prior military he had a round in the chamber. Take what was reported as a grain of salt. I mean .9 mm

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Lebanon Carry and Israeli Carry are siblings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast