Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs down Midway USA screwed up my return, charged me twice for something I don't have

I bought a 30 round Beretta mag a few weeks ago, and it turned out to be defective. I sent it back with the return form and requested to have an even exchange for a new one. Well they received my return and now I have a $40 charge on my debit card which I did NOT authorize, and no refund for the original purchase. Now I've paid $80 for an item I still don't have.

I called customer service and they told me that they processed the refund but it wont show up for 3-5 days. Well that doesn't help me much because I have to pay my mortgage in 2 days.
    Last edited by bac0nfat; December 28th, 2011 at 04:48 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Midway USA screwed up my return, charged me twice for something I don't have

I know this doesn't really help you, and please understand I'm not blaming you.

I've been in this situation before. Long story short, I didn't get the money returned to my account by the time I needed it.

Lesson learned: use credit cards for _everything_, it's much easier to let the bank reclaim THEIR money via chargeback, than it is for you to get YOUR money refunded promptly and directly into your bank account.

As long as you dont have impulse spending problems, it's the best option.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Midway USA screwed up my return, charged me twice for something I don't have

I don't have a credit card. Cut that up a few months ago (hence why money is tight now and $40 makes the difference of being able to pay my bills or not).

And yes, I have impulse spending problems. That's why I cut up the card.

(Delaware County)

I didn't have a spending problem until I bought my first gun

(Northampton County)

I have to agree with stimrob. Althought 99% will disagree with us. Debit cards are very risky. All your money can go at once for a million different reasons. It's even possible you might not get it back. If you have one, at least get a second bank account to keep most of your money in. And use your debit card account like a rechargable gift card.

(Bucks County)

I agree, it's risky. I should know better because I had my identity stolen a few years ago. I try to avoid using it but it's just so convenient.

(Bucks County)

I try not to order anything from Midway anymore.

Their shipping costs way to much and when they had the black Friday week deals I called and asked them if I could order something from Tuesday Thursday and Saturday and have it in all one shipment they said no.

The items did not warrant 8$ shipping for each item. The price of the item would then be more expensive than purchased locally.

Now just about the only thing I get are second run targets.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I bought a 30 round Beretta mag a few weeks ago, and it turned out to be defective. I sent it back with the return form and requested to have an even exchange for a new one. Well they received my return and now I have a $40 charge on my debit card which I did NOT authorize, and no refund for the original purchase. Now I've paid $80 for an item I still don't have.

I called customer service and they told me that they processed the refund but it wont show up for 3-5 days. Well that doesn't help me much because I have to pay my mortgage in 2 days.
    So, for a defective product they refunded your money via debit then placed a new order for the replacement? Did they at least refund your original shipping fee?

I like the way Midway portrays themselves on the Outdoor Channel with promoting shooting sports. Their pricing is usually pretty good but shipping prices seem way high.

I bought a couple of Black Friday items as Christmas gifts this year. In addition to the high cost of shipping, there was something like a $1.50 "Special" fee (I forget how it was listed and I tossed the invoice). After that, I'm just not very comfortable with ordering from them anymore.

(Butler County)

Might want to check on your morgage. Mine's due on the 1st but there's a grace period. I've made payments after the due date. Common for my year end statement to show:

x/xx/xxxx = Payment not received, Late fee added
    x/xx/xxxx = Payment received
    x/xx/xxxx = Late fee returned

When I talked to the bank they said the computer automatically adds the late fee if the payment is not entered before/on the due date. If the payment is received within the grace period the fee is returned. Also said (and I've checked) it has no effect on credit rating.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I don't have a credit card. Cut that up a few months ago (hence why money is tight now and $40 makes the difference of being able to pay my bills or not).

And yes, I have impulse spending problems. That's why I cut up the card.
    Wow, if this had happened a few days ago you could have e-mailed the President and told him you needed the continuation of the tax holiday so you could buy more high-capacity magazines.

Seriously, cutting up the card is a good idea if it cause you problems, but money isn't tight because you cut it up, you probably earn the same amount now as before, right. Keep paying down debts one at a time, and roll payment amounts onto the next debt until they are all done.

I always had a grace period of two weeks before a late fee was charged, also.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast