Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default SRT called out in Mt Lebanon

Some nut case is running around with a gun. I was coming down County Club Dr. when all hell broke loose in front of me. They turned off on to Old Farm road. Five marked and an unmarked were flying past me. When I returned down Country Club no more than seven or eight minutes later there were at least three Dormont police cars and SWAT/SRT was on the scene.

I don't know if they have him surrounded or not. One of my employees son is a SWAT officer and he called her and said lock all the doors in the house.
    She lives about 1/2 mile from where the action is.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: SRT called out in Mt Lebanon

Awesome. That's about 2 blocks from my house. Ugh...

(Allegheny County)

Latest:

MOUNT LEBANON (KDKA) ― A man reportedly barricaded inside a home with a weapon has put police and officials on high alert in Mount Lebanon this afternoon.

Authorities say police and paramedics have been called out to the 400-block of Old Farm Road for reports of that situation.

Officials say the man is barricaded with a rifle.

Officials also report that schools in the surrounding area have been put on lock down.

UPDATE

Barricaded person in Mt. Lebanon prompts school lockdowns
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009
    By Mary Niederberger, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Schools in the Mt. Lebanon and Keystone Oaks school districts, plus Seton-LaSalle High School, were placed on lockdown or took other precautions this afternoon.

A man was reportedly barricaded in a house in the Sunset Hills section of Mt. Lebanon, and police had responded.

Students at nearby Keystone Oaks Middle School and High School were under lockdown for about an hour.

District spokesman James Cromie said the district got a phone call from Mt. Lebanon police at about 2 p.m. alerting the district "to a potentially dangerous situation" nearby. The police asked Keystone Oaks officials to lock down the middle school/high school complex on Kelton Avenue.

The lockdown remained in effect until 3:05 p.m., when police indiciated to school officials that the situation had stabilized, Mr. Cromie said. Students were then sent home. Normal dismissal time is at 2:42 p.m.

In addition to Keystone Oaks, officials in the Baldwin-Whitehall School District also had been alerted not to send home students who lived in Baldwin Township, said Superintendent Lawrence Korchnak.

Seton-LaSalle also was under lockdown for a while, but also was permitted to dismiss students shortly after 3 p.m.

Keystone Oaks has canceled all evening activities.

The Mt. Lebanon School District also was taking precautions at nearby Howe School.

(Schuylkill County)

WTF are they cancelling everything for? Go in and get the bastard... freakin a....
    III%

(Lehigh County)

They should ban barricading materials.... that will prevent these things from happening.

Attempts at humor aside, I hope no innocent bystanders are hurt in this mess.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

I hope everything ends out alright

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Attempts at humor aside, I hope no innocent bystanders are hurt in this mess.
    so do i...

now that that is out of the way, my sick sense of humor can't help but thinking...

man, i'm barricaded in my house with several guns just about every night...glad they don't lock down the local schools as a result.
    F*S=k

UPDATE

Barricaded man in Mt. Lebanon kills himself

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
    By Paula Reed Ward and Mary Niederberger, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A 51-year-old man who barricaded himself inside his Mt. Lebanon home today after officers tried to serve him with court papers has killed himself, police said.

Police had been in contact with the man most of the afternoon, but at 6:15 p.m. he broke off contact. Officers attempted to reach him by phone, but were unsuccessful, so they entered his house at 440 Old Farm Road and found him dead

Mt. Lebanon police had planned to open a shelter for residents of the street who had been locked out of their homes because of the standoff in the Sunset Hills section of the municipality.

The standoff also caused disruption to the Mt. Lebanon and Keystone Oaks school districts, plus Seton-LaSalle High School this afternoon.

Police went to the house around 2 p.m. to serve a protection from abuse order requested by his wife. When they went inside, he had a gun, and the officers backed out and called for backup.

Police and the man began negotiating around 3 p.m. and had an ongoing conversation since then, said Castle Shannon Police Chief Ken Truver. He was part of a response team drawn from several surrounding towns.

He said no shots were fired and no one was injured until the end.

"It's just a matter of trying to resolve whatever issue is keeping him inside," Chief Truver said.

Mt. Lebanon police Chief Coleman McDonough said officers planned to continue negotiating with the man as long as it took to get him to surrender.

"We've been talking to him throughout the afternoon," he said before 6:15 p.m. "We're here for the long term. We'll stay as long as we have to to resolve this peacefully."

Students at Keystone Oaks Middle School and High School were under lockdown for about an hour.

District spokesman James Cromie said the district got a phone call from Mt. Lebanon police at about 2 p.m. alerting the district "to a potentially dangerous situation" nearby. The police asked Keystone Oaks officials to lock down the middle school/high school complex on Kelton Avenue.

The lockdown remained in effect until 3:05 p.m., when police indicaed to school officials that the situation had stabilized, Mr. Cromie said. Students were then sent home. Normal dismissal time is at 2:42 p.m.

In addition to Keystone Oaks, officials in the Baldwin-Whitehall School District also had been alerted not to send home students who lived in nearby Baldwin Township, said Superintendent Lawrence Korchnak.

Seton-LaSalle also was under lockdown for a while, but also was permitted to dismiss students shortly after 3 p.m.

Keystone Oaks has canceled all evening activities.

The Mt. Lebanon School District also was taking precautions at nearby Howe School, where students were not released until parents picked them up.

Mellon Middle and Mt. Lebanon High School parent were informed that students who live on Brafferton Drive, Fruithurst Drive, Old Farm, Fieldbrook Drive, Highview Road and Country Club Drive would not be released from school. Parents were asked to pick them up.

St. Bernard Elementary on Wasington Road also was under lockdown.

(Allegheny County)

I wonder how the wife feels now. I'll get you I'll file a PFA and have you removed from the house.

Yep they removed him in a body bag.

This will probably screw her up for life.

I sure hope there were no kids. This will be really hard on them if their father killed himself over a fight with their mother.

If I sound cold it is because I work with women and I know all the crap they pull on the men in their lives.

I know one that got pissed at her husband over something really stupid and he just laughed at her. You know what she did the next day when he was at work? She went to the police station told them some BS story and got him 302ed for three days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast