Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So I was talking to a local cop

Had my car inspected this morning and one of the local cops came in that I get along with really well. He had just come off duty and I asked what Glock he was carrying... was the full sized 40 so I mentioned I carrying the compact 40.... anyways the talk with the mechanic and us started into guns and finally got to rifles. He had mentioned the force has two ARs and after looking around to see if anyone else was watching he says:

"Yeah there's something really cool you can do with them that we tried at the range the other day" He looked around again and then says "If you hook your thumb through the trigger guard and hold the front stock ... " Well I busted out laughing and said "You guys are BUMP FIRING?" The mechanic just about spit his coffee out trying to stop from laughing!

He (the cop) looks at me and says "Yeah they are fully auto like that!" .. I looked him right in the eye and said "Yup I do it all the time with my AKs ... 30 rounds in under 5 seconds" .... he just looked at me like I was out of my mind (which he knows I am) ... we all had a good laugh and I told him if he wanted to go out and "have some fun" he should give me as call ... He looks me dead in the eye and says "Nah, I really don't like guns"

He's a really nice guy but I just stood there perplexed and I said "Wait a minute, you are out bump firing ARs but you don't really like guns?" He just shrugged.

So now I'm wondering if they were having fun or actually practicing bump firing?

(Pike County)

Default Re: So I was talking to a local cop

Chuck Norris taught them.

(Susquehanna County)

You should have asked him how the chief was doing.

DC

EDIT: I just looked I allways thought you were from Dickson city...SOOOO SORRY!
    Last edited by Damage control; July 30th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damage control View Post
    You should have asked him how the chief was doing.

DC

EDIT: I just looked I allways thought you were from Dickson city...SOOOO SORRY!
    I was wondering what you were talking about but oh for the love of god NO! Thank god I live in a town that has (mostly) sane cops that understand rights.

i tried to bump fire a few times but was unsuccessful, im going to try the belt loop thing next time.

(Allegheny County)

Not to rain on the parade, (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), but isn't bump firing illegal?
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon118 View Post
    Not to rain on the parade, (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), but isn't bump firing illegal?
    How would it be illegal? All you are doing is firing a semi-auto fast, nothing illegal about that as far as I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    i tried to bump fire a few times but was unsuccessful, im going to try the belt loop thing next time.
    I did it for the first time a few weeks ago and it worked first time every time but I WAS using the belt loop method. The real trick when doing it is to maintain control and actually hit what you are shooting at ... that takes a little practice, especially when the barrel of your AK is SMOKING hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon118 View Post
    The Akins Accelerator was eventually ruled to be illegal, and it used the same principle as bump-firing, except that it used a stock that substituted parts for the hand placement. With or without a special stock, bump-firing still requires a separate function of the trigger for each shot; the hammer has to reset, the sear has to be disengaged each time, there's no sense in which it creates an NFA machinegun, unless you're one of Satan's minions at ATF trying to screw with people in a sad effort to make up for mommy never hugging you and your dick being small.

For normal human beings, unless the gun fires more than once per trigger function, it's not a machinegun.

(Luzerne County)

I have done some research and I couldn't see any reason why it would be illegal. One round everytime you pull the trigger. It is pretty fun to do though. The first time I did it I laughed my butt off. My buddy does it with his 9mm that is fun to watch but a little pointless, since you couldn't hit anything from more than 10ft.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the correction. Learning more everyday. The part of the OP's post that said , "yeah it's fully automatic like that" kinda threw me off. Sorry
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast