Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: HK USP compact

(Chester County)

Default HK USP compact

Hi... New to the forum and I have a question. I've been shooting and SA XD9 for a while now and I've just bought a new HK USP 45 Compact. Will the recoil be close to the glock 30? That's the only 45 that i've shot before.

Thanks

Steve...
    Last edited by SteveXD; May 30th, 2007 at 06:46 PM.

Default Re: HK USP compact

Shoot it and find out for yourself. The grip is longer, so it should be more comfortable.

i had the USP45c SS and the recoil was different compared to the other poly pistols that I've owned. I liked how the USPs shot, but it was too bulky to carry, so I sold mine and been carrying an XD45 service.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by VeryPrivate View Post
    Shoot it and find out for yourself. The grip is longer, so it should be more comfortable.
    hehe believe me I am trying but the range was closed for the last two days but I hope to fing out today

I was wondering the same thing about the size of the USP, it's much bigger than my xd9. The main reason that I bought the USP was to leave it decocked and locked, but I may look at the XD45 too. I just get nervous carrying a SA with a round in the chamber..

Your concern is silly at best. Plenty of LEO and FBI have been carrying Glocks and other polymer pistols without issue. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for the wannabes. Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by SteveXD View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about the size of the USP, it's much bigger than my xd9. The main reason that I bought the USP was to leave it decocked and locked, but I may look at the XD45 too. I just get nervous carrying a SA with a round in the chamber..
    Cocked and locked is absolutely required, and the USP 45C v1 can do that. Decocked and locked is not really necessary. The length of trigger pull plus internal blocks prevent inadvertent discharge. I carry double action so that I do not have to fumble with a safety in the critical moments. Most of my pistols don't even have a manual safety. If memory serves, the XD9 doesn't either.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Your concern is silly at best. Plenty of LEO and FBI have been carrying Glocks and other polymer pistols without issue. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for the wannabes. Nuff said
    I don't doubt that the XD45 is a safe pistol to carry with a round in a chamber (that's why I bought my xd9). It's just a personal preference of mine to carry a pistol that is "decocked and locked" that's all.

But Cops also open carry, which I would think you would have less of a chance of negligent discharge of the pistol, by snagging on clothing, etc. I know there is a grip safty as well as a trigger saftey on the XD, but the grip saftey is in same spot where I would grip the pistol if I was pulling/putting in and out of the holster.

When the original glocks were first introduced the the Phila police department there where 2 or 3 incidents where a cop shot himself in the leg. Again I would blame the cop on negligence not the gun.

veryquite you are correct the xd9 doesn't have a manual saftey just a grip and trigger safety...