Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Popped my OC cherry *update*

I have always CC but have often considered OC. I finally decided to give it a whirl. I was headed to pick up a friend on our way to sling some lead down range. Strapped on an OWB holster and tucked in my shirt. I had to stop for gas so I pulled into Wawa. Filled the tank and went inside to grab a drink. No panic, no screams, no hassle, and no SWAT team response! I'm not even sure if any one noticed. I walked back outside and was on my way.

Completely uneventful, just as it should be. I did cover up at the range (wasn't shooting the gun I was carrying) because I didn't know if anyone would give me a hard time about a loaded gun behind the line even though it was holstered, but hey, baby steps right?

I still prefer CC but after a first experience like that I think I may start to do it a little more often.
    Last edited by smithwessn; May 31st, 2009 at 08:03 PM.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Popped my OC cherry today

lol nice one ,no SWAT team response .. that would only happen if the gun was in your hand.....

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    I have always CC but have often considered OC. I finally decided to give it a whirl. I was headed to pick up a friend on our way to sling some lead down range. Strapped on an OWB holster and tucked in my shirt. I had to stop for gas so I pulled into Wawa. Filled the tank and went inside to grab a drink. No panic, no screams, no hassle, and no SWAT team response! I'm not even sure if any one noticed. I walked back outside and was on my way.

Completely uneventful, just as it should be. I did cover up at the range (wasn't shooting the gun I was carrying) because I didn't know if anyone would give me a hard time about a loaded gun behind the line even though it was holstered, but hey, baby steps right?

I still prefer CC but after a first experience like that I think I may start to do it a little more often.

The more you do it, the more amazed you will be at what a non-event it is.

However, it bears repeating, one ought to be prepared for an unfavorable reaction from someone. Glad all went well. I have not had any "bad" OC incidents, and I OC most everywhere, *including* an elevator filled with anti's!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    lol nice one ,no SWAT team response .. that would only happen if the gun was in your hand.....
    thats not completely true i had a incident where the pd was called for a man with a gun while i was in the wise food store.and not3 not4 but5 leo showed up in flack jackets for little old me i felt privileged.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    However, it bears repeating, one ought to be prepared for an unfavorable reaction from someone. :
    good point if you have not a ready read it you need to read the thread by head case on what you need to know before you decide to oc.

(Chester County)

I'm glad to see that someone near me has OC'd. I always look to see if people in my area open carry, and it's something I've not seen around here. Most of the time you hear about OCing, but it's either out in western Pa., or northern Pa. I live in Spring City, in SE Pa. and I'm always out and about in Royersford, and Phoenixville, and I never see anyone OCing which makes me hesitant about doing so.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    I'm glad to see that someone near me has OC'd. I always look to see if people in my area open carry, and it's something I've not seen around here. Most of the time you hear about OCing, but it's either out in western Pa., or northern Pa. I live in Spring City, in SE Pa. and I'm always out and about in Royersford, and Phoenixville, and I never see anyone OCing which makes me hesitant about doing so.
    I'm in Skippack, and I know what you mean. Although the time I have talked to police around here they know that its legal. The mayor of Collegeville has a lot of the officers in and out of his barber shop. They were impressed with my knowledge of traffic laws too lol.

The only thing that stops me from OCing is I only have a Ruger LCP. At like 5.5 inches long its not exactly an OC gun lol.

Maybe when i get a job, and a bigger gun, the three of us can get lunch OCing

-Alex

(Northampton County)

I made the same post a little over a month ago. Now it should be easier for the next guy in my area, because I'm freaking everywhere.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I made the same post a little over a month ago. Now it should be easier for the next guy in my area, because I'm freaking everywhere.

^This.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Chester County)

If you come to West Chester or Berwyn, you would see me OC'ing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast