Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default help me find old remington parts please

i am looking for a barrel and firing pin assembly for a remington improved model six .22 cal single shot rolling block rifle. it was my dads gun when he was younger got stripped to fix another one and id like to rebuild it for him but i am having no luck finding parts. id even settle for information if any other barrels or firing pins would interchange with this modelany information would be a great help for me so please send me in the right direction if you can
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: help me find old remington parts please

http://www.e-gunparts.com/

....a good place to start, IMO.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Berks County)

bib is on the right track to start, Numrich (e-gunparts) shows a firing pin in stock but no barrels.

Going to check some other sources...unfortunately looks like your gun was limited to only a few years of production though.

http://www.remington.com/library/his...re/model_6.asp
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Berks County)

You may want to give these guys a call, Jacks First Gun....they have an inventory like Numrich...but unfortunatly NO online catalog. Very good to deal with on the phone though.

http://www.jackfirstgun.com/order.php
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

(Lehigh County)

i know its kinda a silly question to ask on this gun considering not too many around parts wise but is jacks reasonable in pricing? i was looking at stevens little scouts they look verry close in size shpe and everything and once found a barrel for one but i doubt they would interchange lol highly doubt it

(Berks County)

Jacks is in South Dakota, so there will be the shipping price from there. I have not ordered anything from them recently, but in the past the prices were the same/reasonable to other gun parts outfits. I ordered from them several times and have no complaints with customer service either.

The "Improved" was only made for 4 years and the regular Model 6 was made for 25 years, so if any barrel would possibly fit, it may be a standard Model 6 barrel. I wouldn't want to chance it myself on buying something that "looks" like it may fit though.

(Berks County)

Just a note...The few I have seen for sale (looking around the web), are pretty pricey! I saw one with 10% finish left and a stock repair for sale $250, one with 20% finish for $275. One with no picture described in "Fine" condition on Gunsamerica was asking $395.

Apparently these are very desirable old guns, good luck.
    Last edited by 762xIan; October 4th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.

(Lehigh County)

yeah they fetch some money my dad nearly fell over when he heard what they go for because he gave my brother the one he fixed with these parts lol. sadly im missing a stock too so im gonna make my own if i can find the parts i need. so from a collector stand point even if i finish it it might not be worth too much in that aspect. but yes apparently they are desireable rifles go figure i have heard in mint all origional condition they may fetch up to 6 or 7 hundred big ones but i juat wang to keep this one in the family along with the other one my dad gave to my brother

(Lehigh County)

ok i called jack first today no such on a barrel for the improved #6 or even the number 6 searched online for another couple hours still nothing emailed a restoration shop for remington rolling blocks we will see how that one goes lol you guys got any other ideas for me? i waiting for allentown gun show at ag hall to try a guy there hopefully im lucky that day lol.