Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default I got Banned for good spelling.

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

I apologize in advance for the lenght of this post. So the other day I was browsing the site when I should have been working. I came across a thread entitled "open carry harassed by cop". Now the original post does not appear as it does now. The original post had zero punctuation. I am not talking some punctuation, none whatsoever. It made it difficult to understand. One individual commented on it and received an infraction. It was followed by this post by JayBell "super moderator":

hopefully everyone saw what *I* did there.

reminder, if you grammar nazi, I infract-a-nazi for trolling instigation.

if you have nothing to add but a complaint about spelling and punctuation, dont post.

and dont encourage it either.

So I kept reading and went on to a post by Brownman. In his post he spelled blatant and amendment wrong. I commented on it, to which he responded with a Thank you and a smiley emoticon. No harm done. I was busting his balls, just messing with him and he was cordial in saying thanks, albeit, there is a good chance there was a one fingered salute being given to me from in front of his computer.

I then try to go back on the forum some time later only to have a screen pop up saying I was banned for a day with the message "so, you thought it ws a joke? NO SPELLING NAZIS". was was spelled wrong by the way.

So then today after I eagerly waited for 1:00 to come, I logged on to the site and went to the thread and there was this response from JayBell:

(Montgomery County)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pokerguy005
    You spelled blatant wrong.
    and amendment

Wow, that was just amazingly STUPID.

enjoy your timeout

Now let's be honest this is really idiotic of me to comment on this banning. We see in all kinds of threads people ripping on grammar, punctuation, spelling and just down-right stupid posts. But because the "super moderator" who I assume was probably a hall monitor and/or crossing guard in school, was defied by a spelling nazi, he had to flex his computer muscles and ban me. I have seen threads and posts where people cast racial epithets and use foul language(which I whole-heartedly condone) in response to other members, go unpunished. Thats how it should be. We should be free to say whatever we want, people can choose not to read the thread or post. They can comment on them without the fear of a timeout. So many people talk on here about our freedoms being trampled by the government and/or law enforcement, but my friends my first amendment right was trampled on, and I did spell amendment right. My voice was cast out and trampled upon by Mr. JayBell all for correcting spelling errors. But I bet Brownmanwill never make that mistake again. I know people think it is trolling and whatnot, but I have the freedom to say whatever I want without fear of reprisals. I have a dream. A dream where our children can make fun of the less fortunate and different, can correct peoples shortcomings without so much as a slap on the wrist or banishment from a forum. I emailed PAFOA and have yet to hear back from them. I would like to know the curriculum these super moderators are put through before they get to don the badge. And if I made any spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors in this post, I would hope, no, expect someone to correct me. Don't worry come forward and show me the error of my ways without fear of the ban Nazi. Because, if you get banned for a day you would be surprised at how much work you can actually get done. Ok folks, dont want to come off as the Unabomber with my manifesto, but I just get giddy for people that abuse their powers. Check out the original thread.

Peace in the middle east.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I got Banned for good spelling.

no, you didn't receive an infraction and a one day ban for "good spelling", you got a infraction for "trolling : instigation" for deliberately and defiantly continuing to do exactly what I just told people to stop doing...

so I did what I told you I was gonna do...and you act surprised?

there is a certain level of behavior expected to be allowed to post here, if a poster fails to meet it, there are consequences...and because this forum is publicly accessible PRIVATE PROPERTY there is no more "freedom of speech" on a forum as there is as if I were a visitor in your home, and started behaving in a way you did not like...and the forum owners and employees can restrict posters actions as they see fit, without recourse by the poster.
    Last edited by JayBell; June 26th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: I got Banned for good spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    I apologize in advance for the lenght of this post. So the other day I was browsing the site when I should have been working. I came across a thread entitled "open carry harassed by cop". Now the original post does not appear as it does now. The original post had zero punctuation. I am not talking some punctuation, none whatsoever. It made it difficult to understand. One individual commented on it and received an infraction. It was followed by this post by JayBell "super moderator":

hopefully everyone saw what *I* did there.

reminder, if you grammar nazi, I infract-a-nazi for trolling instigation.

if you have nothing to add but a complaint about spelling and punctuation, dont post.

and dont encourage it either.

So I kept reading and went on to a post by Brownman. In his post he spelled blatant and amendment wrong. I commented on it, to which he responded with a Thank you and a smiley emoticon. No harm done. I was busting his balls, just messing with him and he was cordial in saying thanks, albeit, there is a good chance there was a one fingered salute being given to me from in front of his computer.

I then try to go back on the forum some time later only to have a screen pop up saying I was banned for a day with the message "so, you thought it ws a joke? NO SPELLING NAZIS". was was spelled wrong by the way.

So then today after I eagerly waited for 1:00 to come, I logged on to the site and went to the thread and there was this response from JayBell:

(Montgomery County)

Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pokerguy005
    You spelled blatant wrong.
    and amendment

Wow, that was just amazingly STUPID.

enjoy your timeout

Now let's be honest this is really idiotic of me to comment on this banning. We see in all kinds of threads people ripping on grammar, punctuation, spelling and just down-right stupid posts. But because the "super moderator" who I assume was probably a hall monitor and/or crossing guard in school, was defied by a spelling nazi, he had to flex his computer muscles and ban me. I have seen threads and posts where people cast racial epithets and use foul language(which I whole-heartedly condone) in response to other members, go unpunished. Thats how it should be. We should be free to say whatever we want, people can choose not to read the thread or post. They can comment on them without the fear of a timeout. So many people talk on here about our freedoms being trampled by the government and/or law enforcement, but my friends my first amendment right was trampled on, and I did spell amendment right. My voice was cast out and trampled upon by Mr. JayBell all for correcting spelling errors. But I bet Brownmanwill never make that mistake again. I know people think it is trolling and whatnot, but I have the freedom to say whatever I want without fear of reprisals. I have a dream. A dream where our children can make fun of the less fortunate and different, can correct peoples shortcomings without so much as a slap on the wrist or banishment from a forum. I emailed PAFOA and have yet to hear back from them. I would like to know the curriculum these super moderators are put through before they get to don the badge. And if I made any spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors in this post, I would hope, no, expect someone to correct me. Don't worry come forward and show me the error of my ways without fear of the ban Nazi. Because, if you get banned for a day you would be surprised at how much work you can actually get done. Ok folks, dont want to come off as the Unabomber with my manifesto, but I just get giddy for people that abuse their powers. Check out the original thread.

Peace in the middle east.
    1. The constitution only protects you from governmental intrusions. This website is privately owned, financed, and supported. So, there is no violation of your 1st Amendment Rights.

2. Since this site is private domain, the owner and his appointees can make the rules. Harassing other people with grammar corrections is a violation of the rules.

3. Posting in the incorrect section is a violation of the rules as well. The General section is for FIREARM related material. Since this thread is just to gripe about being bitchslapped and to harass the Moderator that gave you the day off - it is sign enough your only intentions at this site is to troll.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!