Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Senator Jose R. Peralta needs to hear from you

Please post on this idiots FB page and let him know how stupid he and his ideas of micro stamping are. He has introduced micro stamping legislation in NY and needs to know why it is a bad idea. Being a former NY'er, I know first hand that NY is the land of lost rights, but the sheeple there need some truth.

http://www.facebook.com/SenatorPeralta

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Senator Jose R. Peralta needs to hear from you

I just posted this because he is removing posts. If you made a post, please keep posting because he is removing them.

The Senator is deleting all comments against his ideas. Not only is your 2nd Amendment rights worthless to him, so are your 1st since he needs to remove the voice of reason.

Tell the senator to stop censoring free speech and listen to the people. Stop deleting posts that speak against your poorly thought out ideas and listen to the people.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Doughdaddy View Post
    I just posted this because he is removing posts. If you made a post, please keep posting because he is removing them.
    That is one thing I disagree with facebook about.
    If a public official opens a page with comments, all comments should remain unless they violate facebooks rules.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Lehigh County)

They ought to micro-stamp his brain... But the stamp is probably too large.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Susquehanna County)

If he's introducing legislation to the New York State Senate, wtf does that have to do with rights of or to Pennsylvanians? And why should a New York State Senator listen to non-voters from Pennsylvania?

If you really want to help New Yorkers, send a few bucks to New York State Rifle and Pistol Association or SCOPE! Or just help get the word out to friends and family still in NYS to get the opposition started.

Don't forget, not long ago NYS gave up its "ballistic fingerprinting" program because it was proved worthless. Micro-stamping would be no better and is as easily defeated

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    If he's introducing legislation to the New York State Senate, wtf does that have to do with rights of or to Pennsylvanians? And why should a New York State Senator listen to non-voters from Pennsylvania?

If you really want to help New Yorkers, send a few bucks to New York State Rifle and Pistol Association or SCOPE! Or just help get the word out to friends and family still in NYS to get the opposition started.

Don't forget, not long ago NYS gave up its "ballistic fingerprinting" program because it was proved worthless. Micro-stamping would be no better and is as easily defeated
    It has a lot to do with you, your rights and your wallet. If he is successful then other Democrats in other states will follow. If California follows then they will try to push a national effort. It will force the price we pay to be increased obviously because as you know, manufacturers spread the cost to everyone, not just that state.

CoBIS is still currently active and not given up by NYS, not yet anyways. Although Cuomo wants to save the money from the program and they may use this as an alternative. I am currently waiting for my .357 to come from my sons Godfather in NY (he's a dealer) because of CoBIS and their delays.

(Susquehanna County)

Just so you know, micro-stamping was introduced here in each of the past 2 legislative sessions. In each case it never made it out of committee and died at the end of the sessions.

Thanks for the clarification on CoBIS. But the first part of my post stands, there is no way a NY legislator is going to listen to non-constituents! So do your homework, get the bill number then mass e-mail every New Yorker in your contacts list and get the ball rolling.
    Last edited by Brick; March 6th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    But the first part of my post stands, there is no way a NY legislator is going to listen to non-constituents! So do your homework, get the bill number then mass e-mail every New Yorker in your contacts list and get the ball rolling.
    It is not just him that sees posts or listens to others. The people of the state are the ones that do too, and are also the ones that need to be educated by others like us. On a medium such as FB, how does he even know what state I am from? I could be posting my thoughts from Iran and he would not know. My account does not have a home location, so as far as he knows I live two blocks away.

If you wish to sit back and watch others decide things that could effect you, that's fine.

(Susquehanna County)

Here's the NYS Senate website that includes the current txt and status of hte bill. It also includes comment froms citizens and provides a means of commenting on the bill.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S675A-2011

Here's the status:

S675A-2011 Actions
    Feb 24, 2012: NOTICE OF COMMITTEE CONSIDERATION - REQUESTED
    Jan 10, 2012: PRINT NUMBER 675B
    Jan 10, 2012: AMEND AND RECOMMIT TO CODES
    Jan 4, 2012: REFERRED TO CODES
    May 12, 2011: PRINT NUMBER 675A
    May 12, 2011: AMEND AND RECOMMIT TO CODES
    Mar 9, 2011: NOTICE OF COMMITTEE CONSIDERATION - WITHDRAWN
    Mar 8, 2011: NOTICE OF COMMITTEE CONSIDERATION - REQUESTED
    Jan 5, 2011: REFERRED TO CODES