Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REI vs EMS?

(Allegheny County)

Default REI vs EMS?

Any opinions as to which has the better gear or better values for gear?
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: REI vs EMS?

REI has amazing deals in their REI-Outlet, often 50%+ for overstock or last years gear. some fantasic deals

Members get a discount and money back at the end of the year, they ship free to their stores and will return ship free from their stores, everything is also warrantied and they don't ask questions with returns.

I've never dealt with EMS
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Berks County)

REI has kickin deals online. EMS has good sales and clearances in-store.

Equipment-wise, they're identical, often selling the same item, for the same price, with the same SKU, on the same sticker.

(Allegheny County)

Interesting.
    We have a REI store here near Pittsburgh. The closest EMS is in Easty territory.
    I was in an EMS in Lake Placid, NY once. Never been to the REI here yet.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Chester County)

REI all the way baby...Spent boat loads at both and you can't beat REI...Join the Co Op for $20.00 and the incentives/ cash back options pay for the fee with in a year easy...I go to the one in Conshohocken on a monthly basis I would say......

(Allegheny County)

there used to be at least two EMS stores in pittsburgh...iirc, one was in ross park mall and one in monroeville mall.

REI opened and put them out of business. i did get a few good deals at the EMS going out of business sales.

the REI store put the EMS stores to shame with size and inventory, so that might factor into it. however, in my experience, REI branded stuff is a better deal than EMS branded stuff. i don't have as much experience with EMS stuff, but, in my limited experience, their stuff was more expensive and not as good of quality.

imho, the quality a lot of REI's stuff is on par with the more expensive brands like patagonia, north face, etc. for much cheaper prices even when paying full price for the REI stuff...and, as mentioned above, you can find absolutely ludicrous deals on REI-outlet.com from time to time.

littleredextremelyhappyREImembertoyota
    F*S=k

I have had a REI membership since 1976. Always check the REI outlet website. It is great and well worth the cost though it has gone up since I joined. Never heard of EMS though.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Allegheny County)

I used to love EMS when we had one. I've shopped at REI a bunch of times now and really like it. I like their shipping policy (not that others don't do this) in that you can order online and pick it up at the store for no shipping cost.
    I dig REI.

(Berks County)

I loved EMS at the Lehigh Valley Mall before they closed it. Great sales. Great stuff. Holds up well.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Cambria County)

Both stores carry pretty much quality gear. Shop and compare prices and look for deals on what you need. I have been happy with both places using mail order for a couple years now.

Remember.... Quality isn't cheap. But it is worth it. Spend the money and buy good gear. It will serve you well for years to come.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast