Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

I have a deadline at work and couldn't get to my camp in Potter county for bear season this year.

From the PA GC web site

The top bear harvest county in the state after the first two days was Potter with 256 (87 in 2007), followed by Tioga, 205 (102); Lycoming, 195 (97); McKean, 126 (80); and Clearfield, 98 (70).
    Last edited by str8shooter; November 26th, 2008 at 05:21 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I have a deadline at work and couldn't get to my camp in Potter count for bear season this year.
    If ya' can't make it for buck season, I'll take yer' place for ya'.

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
    If ya' can't make it for buck season, I'll take yer' place for ya'.

Plinker
    Actually, if anyone wants to do some hunting on private land, it's 35 wooded acres with a small clearing to park, set up a mini base camp and build a fire. I have family and friends that hunt there, but there are plenty of days no one (I know) will be around, so if anyone's interested PM me. I'm sure the neighboring camps won't want the area over run with out-of-towners, but if I invite a few downstaters with no place to hunt except SGLs to hunt my land, they're not going to complain to me about it.

(Northampton County)

Nice of you to offer, but I was just bustin' a little bit. Actually, I'm kind of in the same boat with work this year. Time off will be a little tight, so I'll be hunting close to home. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... too

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
    Nice of you to offer, but I was just bustin' a little bit. Actually, I'm kind of in the same boat with work this year. Time off will be a little tight, so I'll be hunting close to home. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... too

Plinker
    I Looked at the member map on Google, and saw that there's very few members in the area, and those that do live close by probably have plenty of land to hunt on in that remote part of PA. Anyone interested would also need to have a high clearance 4x4 to get to my land because it's a long upward climb from about 800 feet (above sea level) to 2400' in a couple miles on a private dirt road (not to be found on any brand of GPS to date) and there's still no guarantee of making it if the road is muddy or snowed in, so having a megaton winch is probably a good idea too. The best part is, once your in far enough to get stuck, you're also SOL for phone service. I haven't found a provider yet that doesn't have dead spots along the route, and the best I can do is with Verizon. If I drive to the right spot and stand on my motorhome, I might get a signal.

In other words. It's paradise!

The offer is out there though for anyone who wants to walk into the woods at sunrise, and be processing their buck by dinner time.

Here's a google earth view of the property. The white paths are old logging trails which are now heavily used by deer when the kids and I aren't ripping around them on dirt bikes.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I wish I was the traveling type, that would be a great place for some early season trapping next year, I am sure you have yotes galore there, and grey foxes, as well as those great furred mountain coons.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I wish I was the traveling type, that would be a great place for some early season trapping next year, I am sure you have yotes galore there, and grey foxes, as well as those great furred mountain coons.
    I haven't seen any foxes yet, but we see the raccoons eyes glowing in the tree line at night, watching us roast hotdogs and marshmallows in the campfire. They clean up after us when we go to bed, and the coyotes sing us to sleep.