Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FN P90

(Allegheny County)

Default FN P90

Just curious if anyone has any experiences with this weapon...I see it calling me from the case in Anthony Arms. Looks soooo effing cool. I can imagine myself going out into the woods all geared up and pretending I'm a secret agent named Klaus hunting some terrorist who stole a nuclear weapon hahah...
    Pittsburgh, PA

I also am a huge metalhead. PM if you wanna talk music.

(Fulton County)

Default Re: FN P90

Well to start off your talking about the

PS90

The P90 is full auto and only available to mil and leo

The P90 is a 5.7 mm submachine gun of Belgian design developed between 1986-1987 by Stéphane Ferrard at Fabrique Nationale de Herstal. The weapon’s name is an abbreviation of Project, and the number 90, which specifies a weapon system of the 1990s.

The firearm is produced in several variants. All of them can mount certain optional accessories such as tactical slings, empty case collector bags, bayonets, visible and infrared laser aiming modules (LAM) and tactical flashlights.

The P90 TR features a receiver-mounted triple MIL-STD-1913 rail interface system or "Triple Rail" (TR) for short. There is one full-length rail on the top of the base and two rail "stumps" on the sides. The side rails serve as mounting points for tactical accessories such as laser pointers or halogen flashlights, while the integrated top rail will accept various optics with no tools or additional mounting hardware required. Some components of the P90 TR and standard P90 are not interchangeable since the entire receiver assembly is different.

Another variant is the P90 USG which is similar to the standard P90, with the exception of a revised optic system developed based on input from the United States Secret Service and other government agencies. The aluminum sight uses a non-magnified black reticule that does not require ambient light. This sight does not suffer from the problems of the regular MC-10-80, since the reticle does not "wash out" on bright surfaces.

The P90 LV and P90 IR add an integrated visible laser pointer or infrared pointer respectively. Both units are manufactured by the Australian company Laserex Technologies. The lasers have three internal settings: "off", to prevent accidental activation, "low-intensity", for combat training and extended battery life, and "high-intensity" - for maximum visibility. The laser's power switch is a green button located under the trigger grip. The battery compartment is located below this button.
    The FN PS90 is a semi-automatic only sport version designed for the civilian market. It has a 407 mm barrel, an olive drab synthetic stock body (black synthetic stock is available in limited production quantities), and an MC-10-80 reflex sight identical to that used on the standard P90. The MC-10-80 can be removed and replaced with a special top rail in order to use third party optics. The barrel has 8 right-hand grooves, a 1:7 twist, a rifled length of 376 mm and comes with a fixed "birdcage" type flash suppressor. The overall length of the PS90 is 667 mm. The trigger pull is rated at approximately 7.5 to 8 lbf (33 to 36 N). The receiver assembly is drilled and tapped to accept accessory Picatinny rails on either side. The front swivel sling mount is not included, and installation requires the barrel shroud to be unpinned and removed. It accepts the standard P90 50-round magazines, but is sold only with a 10 or 30-round magazine depending on local and state regulations. The PS90 weighs 2.9 kg empty and 3.4 kg with a fully loaded 50-round magazine.

(Allegheny County)

I have a PS90, and it's a great gun! Ammo used to be extremely expensive ($20-30 for 50 rounds), but now .223 is catching up and 5.7 stays the same price, so it's not that much more!

The 50 round mags, and the feel of a .22 (the ps90 is like shooting an air gun! it's damn fun) make ammo disappear that much faster.

They are fun, reliable, and easy to maintain (as well as being extremely ergonomic,, balanced, comfortable etc). Just make sure you don't overpay for one. Many places are selling them for around $1300 brand new now. If for nothing else, it's worth having because of the "cool" factor. I DO plan on short barreling my PS90 though...

(Bucks County)

if you buy checkout tanners in jamison, pa they have the best prices in PA for the PS90, under 1300 if i remember correctly.

(Chester County)

Yes, if I bought one (and I have considered it) I would HAVE to include the SBR cost in with the base cost of the rifle. They just look "wrong" with all that extra barrel hanging out there.

And yes, Tanners is great for FN weapons. They move a LOT of volume. I got my FN P-9 there for really cheap, and I think they also have some of the best prices on the FN SPR, so doing the same for the PS-90 would be no shock.
    Last edited by MTechnik; March 23rd, 2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: add tanners comment

(Allegheny County)

They are very cool-looking, the the jury is still very much out on the effectiveness of the round in an anti-personnel role.
    NRA Member
    GOA Life Member
    Moderator on www.m4carbine.net

(Lebanon County)

Hands down the most awesome thing to me about the p90 is the feels of it in your hands. It just makes you melt.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by itstock View Post
    I have a PS90, and it's a great gun! Ammo used to be extremely expensive ($20-30 for 50 rounds), but now .223 is catching up and 5.7 stays the same price, so it's not that much more!

The 50 round mags, and the feel of a .22 (the ps90 is like shooting an air gun! it's damn fun) make ammo disappear that much faster.

They are fun, reliable, and easy to maintain (as well as being extremely ergonomic,, balanced, comfortable etc). Just make sure you don't overpay for one. Many places are selling them for around $1300 brand new now. If for nothing else, it's worth having because of the "cool" factor. I DO plan on short barreling my PS90 though...

jesus christ you've got the 2000 too! All you need is a 5-7 and you're good 2 go!

(Allegheny County)

And ...Anthony's will let you shoot it at their indoor range.

(Wayne County)

Now that's surprising.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast