Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Police interaction

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    So will I be blamed if someone steals a firearm from my house too?
    No. I didn*t intend to take this thread off the rails or to have theft victims called names. I simply mentioned the amount of theft of guns from autos and the simple fact that many more are stolen from autos than from inside houses or from on persons. Just some food for thought.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    No. I didn*t intend to take this thread off the rails or to have theft victims called names. I simply mentioned the amount of theft of guns from autos and the simple fact that many more are stolen from autos than from inside houses or from on persons. Just some food for thought.
    Wait..are you suggesting facts are relevant?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That wasn't directed towards you. I know more valuables are stolen from cars than homes for numerous reasons, but most people have the same security on their cars and houses (or sometimes less on their homes). I was just pointing out that people aren't usually blamed for items stolen from their house like they are for items stolen from their car.

(Allegheny County)

That wasn't directed towards you. I know more valuables are stolen from cars than homes for numerous reasons, but most people have the same security on their cars and houses (or sometimes less on their homes). I was just pointing out that people aren't usually blamed for items stolen from their house like they are for items stolen from their car.
    Given the higher rate of theft from cars than homes, it isn't reasonable to expect that items within them are equally "secure" despite having equal "protection".

Putting $10,000 in your car simply isn't as safe as keeping your $10,000 at home somewhere. So yeah, if you put it in your car and it gets stolen, most people are going to assign more blame to you than they would if you had left it at home. I don't think it is a hard argument to understand someone making, even if you disagree with it.

(Delaware County)

As a general rule, I hand the officer my ID, registration, and insurance card. I then ask the officer, “Have I established my identity sufficiently enough for you ????” Once he says yes, I very politely say “Then from this moment on I am specifically informing you that I am invoking my 5th Amendment Right. I will answer no questions nor agree to any searches”.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    As a general rule, I hand the officer my ID, registration, and insurance card. I then ask the officer, *Have I established my identity sufficiently enough for you ????* Once he says yes, I very politely say *Then from this moment on I am specifically informing you that I am invoking my 5th Amendment Right. I will answer no questions nor agree to any searches*.
    Stunning and brave
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Given the higher rate of theft from cars than homes, it isn't reasonable to expect that items within them are equally "secure" despite having equal "protection".

Putting $10,000 in your car simply isn't as safe as keeping your $10,000 at home somewhere. So yeah, if you put it in your car and it gets stolen, most people are going to assign more blame to you than they would if you had left it at home. I don't think it is a hard argument to understand someone making, even if you disagree with it.
    I understand the argument. I had someone break into my cars 3 times, but I don't blame myself for the items they stole (pair of sunglasses, some loose change, and a pair of shoes). I don't usually keep 'valuables' in there, but wouldn't blame myself if they were stolen either (unless I left the door unlocked or maybe parked in a known bad area).

(Allegheny County)

I understand the argument. I had someone break into my cars 3 times, but I don't blame myself for the items they stole (pair of sunglasses, some loose change, and a pair of shoes). I don't usually keep 'valuables' in there, but wouldn't blame myself if they were stolen either (unless I left the door unlocked or maybe parked in a known bad area).
    I would blame myself if it were me. "If only I had not....".

But I would still bitch about the thief too (;

(Allegheny County)

As a general rule, I hand the officer my ID, registration, and insurance card. I then ask the officer, *Have I established my identity sufficiently enough for you ????*.
    Wow! What a boot lick!

Last time I was pulled over, it was night time. I pulled into a parking lot, rolled down my window and stuck my hands out...and left them there until he saddled on up with his flashlight. Then I asked him to point his flashlight into the car so I could dig through all the shit in my console and find my documents. All kinds of shit In in there!

He let me go with a warning.

As a general rule, I hand the officer my ID, registration, and insurance card. I then ask the officer, *Have I established my identity sufficiently enough for you ????* Once he says yes, I very politely say *Then from this moment on I am specifically informing you that I am invoking my 5th Amendment Right. I will answer no questions nor agree to any searches*.
    I bet that goes over like a turd in a punchbowl.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast