Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Can paintballs legally deter intrusive hookers?

From a Seattle 911 police blog:

Can paintballs legally deter intrusive hookers?

Q: I live near Aurora Avenue North and on two different occasions have caught prostitutes and their clients either in my driveway (in a car) or in my yard.

Is it legal to shoot trespassers with a paintball gun, water cannon gun (Super Soaker), rubber band gun -- essentially any "non lethal" weapon -- within the city limits of Seattle?

A: It depends.

If they're not a threat to you and you go after them, you could be arrested for assault. Things are different if they're threatening injury and you act in self-defense.

Here's more information from Seattle Police Sgt. Sean Whitcomb:

"It is only self-defense if you are defending yourself from harm or perceived harm.

"Citizens do have a right to protect their property interests. However, with the scenario described, it seems that the best way to do that is to call 911."

The reader "should keep in mind that our Anti-Crime Team and vice units are either in plainclothes or undercover. Things could easily turn for the worse if he sought to take his proposed course of action against officers conducting a sting.

"My advice: Get a good description (physicals and clothes) of the suspects and a description (hopefully with license plates) of any vehicles involved and then phone it in to 911 as a crime in progress."
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Can paintballs legally deter intrusive hookers?

good advice from the officer... could also turn out badly if the john has a gun and returns fire...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Somerset County)

I would sneak around the car and flatten all 4 tires. Then call the cops and tell them what happened they cant miss the hookers and dudes because he will be the only one with 4 flats in the middle of the road. But at least he will have a smile on his face.

(Lancaster County)

I would set up a number of cameras low light and night vision if necessary and then set up a pay web site for people to view. If it's done in public they have no expectation of privacy and with no sound I dont think it would be illegal. Plus, it would be a good way to earn extra cash for ammo. and such ...

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I would just have a really big bright spotlight that would turn on. If I could figure out how to set it up to be on a 1 minute 30 second delay motion dectector that would be the best. Or just set up a motion dector alarm type thing (the one that you can set up at the end of a long driveway that just beeps when a car goes through the gates) and manually turn the light on when they start to get into it. Maybe an airhorn to go with it.

(Montgomery County)

Or hook up one of those logs the Ewoks used to stop the AT-STs in Return of the Jedi.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I would just have a really big bright spotlight that would turn on. If I could figure out how to set it up to be on a 1 minute 30 second delay motion dectector that would be the best. Or just set up a motion dector alarm type thing (the one that you can set up at the end of a long driveway that just beeps when a car goes through the gates) and manually turn the light on when they start to get into it. Maybe an airhorn to go with it.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! Sirens and loudspeaker stating "hey everyone, this guy's bangin' a hooker!" maybe even take some pictures and send them to the local paper for publication.

A lawn sprinkler could be useful if they have the windows down or are on foot. It really couldn't be considered assault like the super soaker could be.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bloomautomatic View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking! Sirens and loudspeaker stating "hey everyone, this guy's bangin' a hooker!" maybe even take some pictures and send them to the local paper for publication.

A lawn sprinkler could be useful if they have the windows down or are on foot. It really couldn't be considered assault like the super soaker could be.

Vince

Hecks yeah.
    Telephoto lens, baby.

It's only blackmail if you get caught. Right?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

I'd set up a camera...............AND WATCH!!!!!!!!!!
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Luzerne County)

set it up like a traffic camera. Take pictures of the ho's and clients. Use them for blackmail, or send to the cops - your choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast