(Beaver County)

Default New guns!!!!

I just bought 3 new guns. They are:

Jimenez 22LR
    Glock 26 9mm
    EAA Windicator .38special/.357 mag

Any opinions on these fire arms?

I have ordered a blackhawk Level ii sepra for the glock

I am really looking for a holster for the EAA windicator. I bought an uncle mikes holster, but it is not concealable at all with that holster.

Any opinions on the Jimenez?

(York County)

Default Re: New guns!!!!

I just fondled a glock 26 this morning and liked it alot. Only thing it needs is the +2 pinkie extension and it would have been perfect. Congrats on all the guns!

(Montgomery County)

Any opinions on the Jimenez?
    Bryco, Jennings, Jimenez. All essentially the same. Not many positive things to report about them. Do a Google search and you will find plenty of info.

Windicator. Not great, but not bad.

Glock. If you are comfortable shooting it, you have a winner here. Hard to go wrong with a Glock. 99.9% of Glocks go bang every time, are durable, and usually pretty accurate.

I wouldn't trust my life to any of these but the Glock, and only after I thoroughly tested it.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Beaver County)

Well I got the .22 just to cheaply shoot at the range. It does have a lifetime warranty on it also.
    The EAA is a home only gun. It pretty much stays here for the wife, but I am looking for a holster for it.
    The Glock I love. I got the sub-compact model because its easier for concealment

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    Bryco, Jennings, Jimenez. All essentially the same. Not many positive things to report about them. Do a Google search and you will find plenty of info.

Windicator. Not great, but not bad.

Glock. If you are comfortable shooting it, you have a winner here. Hard to go wrong with a Glock. 99.9% of Glocks go bang every time, are durable, and usually pretty accurate.

I wouldn't trust my life to any of these but the Glock, and only after I thoroughly tested it.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    I just fondled a glock 26 this morning and liked it alot. Only thing it needs is the +2 pinkie extension and it would have been perfect. Congrats on all the guns!

(Allegheny County)

The Jiminez are hit-or-miss, so to speak. I've got an old Jennings that works perfectly with 4 different magazines. I wouldn't trust my life to it but it's a lot of fun to shoot.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Beaver County)

That is the reason why I bought it just fun to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    The Jiminez are hit-or-miss, so to speak. I've got an old Jennings that works perfectly with 4 different magazines. I wouldn't trust my life to it but it's a lot of fun to shoot.

(Dauphin County)

On the Jimenez .22 LR: I hope you didn't pay much for it. A friend of mine just picked up a Jenning's .22 and it failed to eject almost every round, no matter how you held it. A brick would be cheaper, and probably more effective.

Glock 26: I'm no fan of Glocks, but they are what they are - Extremely reliable, accurate, and easy to maintain.

EAA Windicator: I have one of these in .38 Special with a 2" barrel (snubbie). Has been a daily carry piece for me for a long time, and is about to become my wife's first carry piece as soon as her LTCF arrives (sometime this week if the Dauphin County Sheriff's Office is correct). For OWB carry, I use a Bianchi Black Widow #4 that fits it perfectly and keeps it snug against my body and rides high. Not a cheap holster at about $55 IIRC, but well worth it.

So, for 2 out of 3, I'd say you didn't do too bad.

-38SnubFan

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    Ditto in my case. It's a 1990s era Jennings. Don't recall it ever jamming or failing to fire, but I'm not under any illusions about what's coming.

The slide appears to be non-ferrous pot-metal (description), which sooner or later will start to peen over causing malfunctions. I've been keeping the breechface clear and sharp. It's been feeding & firing flawlessly, but at some point it will stop.

More about the so-called Ring of Fire handguns >link<
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html