Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Bullet Hole in the leg?

A couple of weeks ago I was out at the Eisenhower McDonalds in Hanover with my wife and kids, watching my kids playing at the play place they have inside the McDonalds.

Some guy showed up with his kids, dressed like a deadbeat. He wound up striking a conversation with me and was polite and relatively well-spoken for how he dressed, and his kids were behaving themselves.

Then I noticed he was walking funny, and had one of his pant legs rolled up to around his knee. About halfway up his shin was a big ugly round hole, with a big three or four inch bruise around it. On the back side of his leg was a similar looking wound, only bigger. He didn't stick around long, and I did not ask him about it.

Wife noticed and asked me how a person would get a bullet through the leg. I said "Probably not by leading a law-abiding lifestyle."

This was a few weeks ago. The following week I saw him in the Wanted section of the Merchandiser. I am about 90% sure it was him.

That's all. Nothing happened and we all went home. There are crazy people out there.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Bullet Hole in the leg?

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post
    Wife noticed and asked me how a person would get a bullet through the leg. I said "Probably not by leading a law-abiding lifestyle."
    Only those lawless people shoot themselves. The rest of us lawful people are immune to stupid.

Ohh look, we have a lawless member that posts here on the forums..
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/221...t-weekend.html
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

Go on YouTube and type in "Tex Grebner shoots himself"

It will drive the point home about being careful when holstering and unholstering.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    Only those lawless people shoot themselves. The rest of us lawful people are immune to stupid.

Ohh look, we have a lawless member that posts here on the forums..
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/221...t-weekend.html
    I have a couple responses pkspawn. First, you may note that I used the word "probably." Thats because the majority of people who get shot aren't getting shot from negligent discharges. The majority of shootings happen between two bad guys. If you see a bullet wound and immediately assume it was from an ND, go right ahead. I don't assume that. NDs are extremely rare.

Secondly, my wife is a major hoplophobe. If she asks me about a bullet wound and I respond "Well, sometimes guns just go off accidentally and nobody knows why, like what happened to bigdawgbeav at the PAFOA forum," I can guarantee you that myself or my guns will be leaving our house quickly and not coming back. She is coming around though, and I want to keep things going in that direction.

Third, maybe I am a judgmental little punk at times and you are right to correct me. Its a good possibility. I had the guy pegged as a lowlife from the start. I could have been wrong, I could be right. I used the word "probably" for that reason. His clothes, his haircut, and his bullet wound pointed in that direction. His politeness and well behaved kids went against my suspicions. Who knows? I did see him in the Wanted section of the paper, and posted this AFTER seeing the picture and I am pretty confident it was him. But maybe I have him totally wrong and I am the jerk. I've been wrong before. I think my immediate suspicions were right, but you raise a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    Go on YouTube and type in "Tex Grebner shoots himself"

It will drive the point home about being careful when holstering and unholstering.
    I've seen the Tex video, even saw the music video rendition of it http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...ent-discharge/

Again, maybe I had the guy all wrong. We can all stand for a safety lesson.

Thanks to both of you

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Secondly, my wife is a major hoplophobe.
    Life is full of bad decisions. Seriously. Hoplophobia was always a deal breaker, just like heroin addiction.

(Bucks County)

hog45, the Tex Grebner musical had me on the floor laughing!! Oh man. On top of him shooting himself, he initially tried to blame the holster as if somehow the holster pulled the trigger for him.

(Franklin County)

A couple of weeks ago I was out at the Eisenhower McDonalds in Hanover with my wife and kids, watching my kids playing at the play place they have inside the McDonalds.

Some guy showed up with his kids, dressed like a deadbeat. He wound up striking a conversation with me and was polite and relatively well-spoken for how he dressed, and his kids were behaving themselves.

Then I noticed he was walking funny, and had one of his pant legs rolled up to around his knee. About halfway up his shin was a big ugly round hole, with a big three or four inch bruise around it. On the back side of his leg was a similar looking wound, only bigger. He didn't stick around long, and I did not ask him about it.

This was a few weeks ago. The following week I saw him in the Wanted section of the Merchandiser. I am about 90% sure it was him.

That's all. Nothing happened and we all went home. There are crazy people out there.
    So you saw a guy with a through and though puncture wound and assume it's from a bullet? That's a huge leap. There are alot of things that can go through one's leg besides a bullet.
    In addition, being "well spoken" and "kids behaving" are usually not signs that someone is a low life.

(Lehigh County)

I have a couple responses pkspawn. First, you may note that I used the word "probably." Thats because the majority of people who get shot aren't getting shot from negligent discharges. The majority of shootings happen between two bad guys. If you see a bullet wound and immediately assume it was from an ND, go right ahead. I don't assume that. NDs are extremely rare.

Secondly, my wife is a major hoplophobe. If she asks me about a bullet wound and I respond "Well, sometimes guns just go off accidentally and nobody knows why, like what happened to bigdawgbeav at the PAFOA forum," I can guarantee you that myself or my guns will be leaving our house quickly and not coming back. She is coming around though, and I want to keep things going in that direction.

Third, maybe I am a judgmental little punk at times and you are right to correct me. Its a good possibility. I had the guy pegged as a lowlife from the start. I could have been wrong, I could be right. I used the word "probably" for that reason. His clothes, his haircut, and his bullet wound pointed in that direction. His politeness and well behaved kids went against my suspicions. Who knows? I did see him in the Wanted section of the paper, and posted this AFTER seeing the picture and I am pretty confident it was him. But maybe I have him totally wrong and I am the jerk. I've been wrong before. I think my immediate suspicions were right, but you raise a valid point.

I've seen the Tex video, even saw the music video rendition of it http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...ent-discharge/

Again, maybe I had the guy all wrong. We can all stand for a safety lesson.

Thanks to both of you
    I would of said maybe he had his booger hook on the trigger like bigdawgbeav, or wasn't using a proper holster like Plaxico, or doing something that he shouldn't of been doing in the first place.
    IANAL