Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Use caution on Armslist....

I had a gun posted on here and arms list...and long story short, I got an email today from a guy interested in my gun for sale. He asked if I still have it and when and where we could meet to do the deal. Since the firearm is a long gun, I told him if he has a PA LTCF I would do a face to face transfer with no problem. If he didnt have one I would have to have it transfered at a FFL. He then proceeded to tell me that in PA any resident can buy a long gun with no transfer, and I said yes they can if they can prove they can own the gun, or be able to pass a backround check, and that I dont do FTF transfers unless they have a LTCF. He then tries telling me he doesnt want a paper trail, and that Obama is taking away his free right to buy guns without a backround check etc. Long story short, He is not buying my firearm, and will never sell one in any shady situation like that. Use caution on armslist, and I think ill stick to PAFOA....never had a single issue with any sale or purchase, we have a good group here. Just felt like sharing....Have a great day guys!

(Butler County)

Default Re: Use caution on Armslist....

Could of been a legit guy not wanting a paper trail...or he could be a felon not allowed to own a gun. Your gun, your call. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by savagemod11 View Post
    I had a gun posted on here and arms list...and long story short, I got an email today from a guy interested in my gun for sale. He asked if I still have it and when and where we could meet to do the deal. Since the firearm is a long gun, I told him if he has a PA LTCF I would do a face to face transfer with no problem. If he didnt have one I would have to have it transfered at a FFL. He then proceeded to tell me that in PA any resident can buy a long gun with no transfer, and I said yes they can if they can prove they can own the gun, or be able to pass a backround check, and that I dont do FTF transfers unless they have a LTCF. He then tries telling me he doesnt want a paper trail, and that Obama is taking away his free right to buy guns without a backround check etc. Long story short, He is not buying my firearm, and will never sell one in any shady situation like that. Use caution on armslist, and I think ill stick to PAFOA....never had a single issue with any sale or purchase, we have a good group here. Just felt like sharing....Have a great day guys!
    Thanks for the info, you made a wise choice. If he can't agree to the legal terms of the sale that would have been the end of our conversation as well.
    Last edited by AlphaChase; February 18th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

Still, even a with a long gun transfer, as far as I know....its a backround check and Its not "registered" anyways, and ive been told the paperwork doesnt leave the shop?....but I felt I made the best decision, and do not need to be burned selling to a felon of course. But i do understand the papertrail concern with the times.

(Berks County)

I had just about the same situation happen on here with selling one of my AK's. I would never be able to shake off the guilt if I sold a gun to a felon and then he used it to commit a crime, knowing I could have somehow prevented it. You made the right choice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    Could of been a legit guy not wanting a paper trail...or he could be a felon not allowed to own a gun. Your gun, your call. Better safe than sorry.

Besides, how does showing your LCTF constitute a paper trail? I would not have sold to that guy either.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

Im under the impression he DID NOT have A ltcf.

(Allegheny County)

Question, to everyone who asks for LTCF for sold guns, would you do a FTF transfer with someone who does not have a LTCF, but is only 19? I have thought about buying numerous guns through the classifieds but passed since they asked for a LTCF.

I never do FTF's without a LTCF unless I personally know the person. Youll be hard pressed to find someone who will just do a FTF without one. Its a sure bet that they can own a firearm. Your going to end up doing a FFL transfer most likely with most sellers.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by savagemod11 View Post
    Still, even a with a long gun transfer, as far as I know....its a backround check and Its not "registered" anyways, and ive been told the paperwork doesnt leave the shop?....but I felt I made the best decision, and do not need to be burned selling to a felon of course. But i do understand the papertrail concern with the times.
    PSP keeps a sales record list, DeFacto registry.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessZ View Post
    Question, to everyone who asks for LTCF for sold guns, would you do a FTF transfer with someone who does not have a LTCF, but is only 19? I have thought about buying numerous guns through the classifieds but passed since they asked for a LTCF.
    I would. I'm comfortable with my knowledge of the law and the most I've ever asked for is a bill of sale when selling a long gun, often not even that. Most on here would probably not.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast