Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anyone here have Carpal Tunnel surgery ?

Just trying to find out the results of CT surgery from anyone who has had the surgery done. I am kicking around the idea of getting it but do not want to be worse off than what I am now. One thing for sure that EMG test sucks.

Default Re: Anyone here have Carpal Tunnel surgery ?

I had HORRIBLE carpal tunnel back in the late 90's when I owned my garage but I did not have the surgery. It was so bad I had to sleep with braces on my wrists and I still woke up almost every night in agony.

Instead my doctor at the time (a very cool doctor) told me to go to the drug store and get a B50 complex and Niacin. I don't remember the exact dosages but it was 1 each, 3 times a day for the first month and then one every day for as long as I had problems.

It was amazing, within a week I threw the braces out and the pain and numbness was mostly gone. Within a month it was like I never had a problem ... been pain and numbness free ever since.

I do know people that have had the surgery, with some it worked great with others it did next to nothing ... personally I'll ALWAYS try a natural approach before I let any doctor cut me.

Do some Googling and see what info you can find on vitamins to help, could save you time, money and someone cutting you open.