Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Beretta 21a two tone range report (Pics)

Let me start off by saying I love this little plinker. I shot 92 stingers and 80 minimags. I cleaned this gun, and then lubed it with Gun Butter. I started off with some stingers, the first 55 rounds(stingers) were trouble free then on shot 56 one stinger did not eject(stovepipe). Then I shot a few more stingers and they shot perfectly. Then I switched over to try some mini mags. After a few minimags I had a case still in the barrel(fte) and another trying to feed(small jam). Then after another mag or 2, I had another fte(extract). I think I had 3-4 malfunctions out of 172 rounds with no cleanings in between.

Only 1 malfunction(stovepipe) was a stinger, the other 2-3 were with the minimags. Hey that is not bad for a not yet broken in 21a. 3-4 malfunctions in 172 rounds is not bad at all in my book for this gun. Those stingers(hyper velocity) are wicked, I love the big flame that comes out of the barrel. They are also very loud. The mini mags(high velocity) are weaker and quieter, a lot quieter. So all in all, I had a fun time my first time out with my new 21a two tone...this is one gun I will keep as long as I am around, I love the size, the functions, and the SA trigger pull. Accuracy was good enough for a 2.4" barrel. Plus This time I was not concentrating too much on accuracy, just wanted to throw some downrange. All shots were from 5 yards.

PS: The one thing about this gun is, it is easy to dryfire it(not good for rim fire's) because when the last shot is fired the slide does not lock back and the hammer is still in SA mode. So you really should count in your head when you fired 8 shots, so you don't accidentally dryfire it. I accidentally dry fired it once, and have no problems, but I bet prolonged dry firing can break the firing pin.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Beretta 21a two tone range report (Pics)

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Beretta 21a two tone range report (Pics)