Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Crimson Trace DVD

I am looking for a copy of the free DVD that Crimson Trace is giving out with the purchase of their lasers. It is called "Shots in the Dark" by Clyde Caceres and is 75 min in length published by Paladin Press.

It is supose to be a good video on the practical tactical use of a laser. I really dont wish to buy a laser to vier a free DVD so I was wondering if anyone here already has it and can burn a copy of it for me. If so can you please PM me. (PS: I hope this is considered a legit request because it is a free DVD so I don't think it is violating any copyright concerns some may have) I did email Crimson Trace and they said that it would take 3 to 6 weeks for delivery or if I wish to get it sooner I can buy a laser so this is why my hope is that someone here already has it so I wouldn't have to wait 3 to 6 weeks.

TIA
    Last edited by CCinPA; February 3rd, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Crimson Trace DVD

I just won an eBay Auction for a Crimson Trace Laser last night for my Glock. I should be getting it in a few days. If They ship me a copy of the DVD I will send you a PM.

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks Chauka.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

(Westmoreland County)

CCinPA -

I recieved my Crimson Trace Laser in the Mail yesterday. They did not ship
    me a DVD?

Sorry man....

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.

(Allegheny County)

I just ordered one last night.

Not sure about it but with failing eyesight, I thought I'd at least try it out.

I coupled that order with a new rear sight from XS sights as I had a front big dot. Once again, just to see it better.

I should have these in time for the Machine Gun Westie shoot in Mar. so if anyone wants to try it out, they're welcome to do so.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Westmoreland County)

27hand -

The Laser went on real easy - you just pop a pin out of the rear of the grip, slide the laser on, put the pin back in. Haven't had the chance to take to the range,however it appears to be zeroed already.

The only thing I have to get used to is racking the slide. The way The Fire Institute taught me, my fingers are hitting the side of the laser when pulling back? I think I need to grip further down the slide when racking it? You'll know what I'm talking about when you put yours on. Other than that, I hope I will like shooting with it?

NRA

American Infidel

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHAUKA View Post
    27hand -

The Laser went on real easy - you just pop a pin out of the rear of the grip, slide the laser on, put the pin back in. Haven't had the chance to take to the range,however it appears to be zeroed already.

The only thing I have to get used to is racking the slide. The way The Fire Institute taught me, my fingers are hitting the side of the laser when pulling back? I think I need to grip further down the slide when racking it? You'll know what I'm talking about when you put yours on. Other than that, I hope I will like shooting with it?
    OK I'll check when I install mine.
    You may have to modify the grip on the rear of the slide to kind of cup the fingers so the fingertips stay on the slide itself. That should work but I'll respond when I get mine.
    I wouldn't move my hand further down the slide. You may block the ejection port and have a round bounce back into the chamber and cause a malfunction.
    More info when I get it.

Later, 27

(Westmoreland County)

I will just have to modify the technique somehow.

Cupping the fingers sounds like the way to go. I seem to be dragging my knuckles across the top of the laser.

NRA

American Infidel

(Allegheny County)

I will just have to modify the technique somehow.

Cupping the fingers sounds like the way to go. I seem to be dragging my knuckles across the top of the laser.

I hope to have it for the Mar. shoot which I will attend. Maybe we can get together and see if something works.

It''ll have to be a technique that becomes second nature and fast if you plan to carry that way.

At this point , I'm putting mine on a range glock. i can't wait to see how it works with my .22 conversion as well.

Later, 27

(Luzerne County)

CCinPA -

I recieved my Crimson Trace Laser in the Mail yesterday. They did not ship
    me a DVD?

Sorry man....

Chauka, thats okay but thanks for keeping me in mind. Should I find it somewhere I will give you a shout since you may be interested in it also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast