Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default North South Skirmish Association

I've been looking into the N-SSA and wondering if there were any current or former members around.

Sounds like a good combination of what I'm interested in- Civil War and shooting black powder.

Is it hard to find a unit to join ? I want to get out to see a skirmish at some point this summer to see what it's all about. Any advice or recommendations ?

(York County)

Default Re: North South Skirmish Association

Great organization, but you need to belong to a team. Unit teams are the basis of the group and you shoot as a team in most events. Finding a good team is very important since you'll spend a lot of time with these guys and gals at matches. If you can get a group of at least 8 people you can all join and form your own team. Teams call themselves units and range from non-uniformed irregulars to spit and polish do it by the book regulars. Your team picks a theme and you have to fit into that. Once you're with a group you can shoot rifle, musket (smoothbore), pistol, carbine (even repeaters) as a group, or compete individually for score.

Im a 20 year member. Most of my family are members as well. We are mostly an artillery team, we have several cannons, and 2 mortor we could shoot, but primary use an 1861 model parrott. I believe the rules allow you to join as an individual but require you to join a team within 12 months. I strongly suggest going to a local shoot and get a feel for the organization. Feel free to PM me.
    NRA Endowment Member, N-SSA #9526v

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Pete View Post
    I've been looking into the N-SSA and wondering if there were any current or former members around.

Sounds like a good combination of what I'm interested in- Civil War and shooting black powder.

Is it hard to find a unit to join ? I want to get out to see a skirmish at some point this summer to see what it's all about. Any advice or recommendations ?
    Bring your own booze, and if you see an unshaven man in a dress with a cigar that's Carl the Crossdressing Cobler. If he tries to reach for your ass, give him one chance and tell him you'll slam him in the chops. I'm not kidding. Don't let that fucker start touching you.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Northampton County)

I just realized this is not a standard Civil War reenactment association. That's what I gave the advice for, my bad. But you never know when Carl will show up, so just keep it in mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I just realized this is not a standard Civil War reenactment association. That's what I gave the advice for, my bad. But you never know when Carl will show up, so just keep it in mind.
    Another escapee from the basement? You seem to have detailed knowledge of the individual.

On another note.....How are you feeling?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Another escapee from the basement? You seem to have detailed knowledge of the individual.

On another note.....How are you feeling?
    The SOB is a friend of a friend. He sat next to me at his brother's wedding and started trying to touch me, like he does to everyone. It's a little awkward punching out a guest at your friends wedding. So I told him to F off, shoved him, and moved to another location.

I'm doing shitty in general but pretty good at the moment for some reason. I'm in pain but it is bearable at the moment. Taking a shower now, it will give me about half an hour of relief.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Now I know why you hate walking dead Carl so much. Show us on the doll where he touched you.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the information everyone..

I will also keep an eye out for Carl.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Pete View Post
    Thanks for the information everyone..

I will also keep an eye out for Carl.
    Carl wants you to keep something else out for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast