Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs up Yardley Borough - ordinance repealed.

Hello all,

Anyone familiar w/Yardley Borough in Bucks County? The local paper just had a story about the the Yardley Borough council repealing their illegal firearms ordinances w/great despair. Boo hoo - follow state law you communists!!!!
    The council members took action to repeal the ordinances reluctantly the paper states. The Yardley police chief fired back that his department can effectively protect citizens by following state law. Good for you chief!!!

SGM

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Yardley Borough - ordinance repealed.

Do you have a newspaper reference? I'd like to read more.

I didn't know those clowns had their own special ordinance. I drive through there all the time and could easily have been "violating" some made-up-feel-good-nanny rule.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Yardley Borough - ordinance repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    Do you have a newspaper reference? I'd like to read more.

I didn't know those clowns had their own special ordinance. I drive through there all the time and could easily have been "violating" some made-up-feel-good-nanny rule.
    There is - Buck County Courier Times. I live in Falls Twp and my kid goes to school right there. Best to my knowledge the ordinances dealt w/the carrying and discharge of firearms, Prohibition in/on borough buildings, property and parks. Or something to that effect......

Yardley is filled w/communist democrats......they hide behind every tree and under every rock.

The article was in todays paper in the A section.
    Last edited by sgmwatkins; January 25th, 2015 at 03:16 PM.

(Bucks County)

the local town councils are all up in arms over this. to see how they demonize us is rather comical.

as a gun owner, you are responsible for every horrific crime through all of the history of man...oh, the wringing of hands, and gnashing of teeth...

and, i for one, am fucking loving it.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Yardley Borough - ordinance repealed.

When is the next boro meeting? Maybe we should do an open carry and attend the meeting......hahahaha!!

I live in Falls Twp and don't pay their taxes. If I was a taxpayer I would be really pissed off if I found out the boro paid out a lawsuit for violating state law w/taxpayer money.

The falls twp board tried to do the same thing back in Nov 2013 and when they found out they could be sued they blinked. Hence, they amended all the illegal ordinances and signage.

Once a communist democrat always one.......

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    Do you have a newspaper reference? I'd like to read more...
    Enjoy!

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Bucks County)

Wink Re: Yardley Borough - ordinance repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WOwner View Post
    Enjoy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OMG! Too funny!!

Lets run the Bolsheviks across the Delaware to the PRNJ!!!!

(Monroe County)

You need a subscription after 24 hrs so here it is-
    By Gary Weckselblatt Staff Writer

Warminster has repealed its ordinance prohibiting the carrying and discharge of firearms on township property, following a long list of municipalities that have taken similar measures to ward off potential litigation.

By doing so, the township is in accord with the state’s new Act 192 to ensure that firearms laws are uniform across the commonwealth.

Warminster’s move on Thursday night follows that of several other towns. If a municipality doesn’t comply, it could be taken to court by the National Rifle Association and other gun rights groups for regulating firearms. A municipality that loses a challenge to its firearms law is required to pay damages and legal fees to the winning side.

“This simply means that Warminster’s laws comply with the commonwealth’s,” Supervisor Tom Panzer said.

After the board voted 5-0 for the repeal, Mary Eberle, the township’s solicitor, said the board doesn’t have “a lot of discretion in this matter” and didn’t believe the move would compromise public safety.

“Before, you couldn’t carry a weapon in a public place under our ordinance,” she said. “Now you can with proper permits.”

In response to a resident’s complaint that the township is being “dictated” to by the powerful gun lobby, Eberle said, “Yes, it’s very disappointing for the state to impose regulations in what could happen on township-owned property, but it is what it is.”

Not all municipalities have allowed the state to take the lead on this issue. Philadelphia and Lancaster are suing in Commonwealth Court to overturn Act 192 on the grounds it was tacked onto legislation dealing with the theft of metals, in violation of the state constitutional requirement that a bill deal with a single subject.

While the appellate court has not yet ruled, the state Supreme Court in 2013 overturned a 2011 law allowing counties to abolish jury commissioners because it was added to an unrelated bill despite the single-subject rule. The Legislature had to pass a new law dealing solely with jury commissioners.

When Doylestown passed its repeal, Mayor Ron Strouse expressed outrage that the Legislature hampered the ability of municipalities to protect residents. The law “is virtually inviting lawsuits by citizens and organizations,” he said.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    You need a subscription after 24 hrs so here it is-
    Thanks. I wasn't willing to pay for a subscription to the Commie Bucks Courier to read the full article.

I may be slow today, but I still don't know what the Yardley ordinance restricted.

(Bucks County)

Now if we can just get Northampton TWP. to follow, I for one would be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast