Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default New hopeful owner of a gun

Hey guys,

I come from a background that is extremely anti-gun. I actually immigrated from a country that was very anti-gun. But now that I'm more independant, I would like to own a gun, but I am not sure of the exact process. I signed up for an HTE course, so I can have a hunting license, but I am not sure what the process is for owning a firearm outside of that hunting license.

I am very new to guns, as like I said, I come from a very non gun oriented background (I've never fired one before in my life). But I would like to start getting into it.

It'll be some shock when people realize I'm actually a gun-totting republican (I'm stil a closet republican, trying to come out of the closet slowly ).

(York County)

Default Re: New hopeful owner of a gun

welcome. i also grew up in a anti-gun country, England. i am now trying to make up for lost time.

in this state you can buy just about any gun and keep it at home or take to the range to shoot. you can also get a carry permit to carry a pistol.

check out this site and if you have any questions just ask. there are a bunch of people on here with tons of knowledge about firearms and laws.

(York County)

PS. check out the chat room. some good guys hang out in there.

(Delaware County)

What's required to get a permit to carry a firearm? I don't expect to ever be doing this, but it might be nice to have a permit anyway.

in this state you can buy just about any gun and keep it at home or take to the range to shoot.
    What about taking it hunting? Do you need anything else besides a hunting licence?

(York County)

for a LTC it takes, filling out a form, paying about $25 and then you will have a license good for 5 years. what county do you live in? Each county is slightly different in costs and time it takes.

Hunting, you need your hunting license.

(Bucks County)

Welcome and enjoy your freedom!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    for a LTC it takes, filling out a form, paying about $25 and then you will have a license good for 5 years. what county do you live in? Each county is slightly different in costs and time it takes.

Hunting, you need your hunting license.
    Delaware County

Living in the US...is wonderful...now go out and buy yourself something fun to shoot.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhtar View Post
    Delaware County
    Media is the county seat -- go to the courthouse there; IIRC, the Sheriff's Office is inside.

Note: 10 years ago when I applied at Delco, they did in fact call my two references.

I would recommend going to a range where they allow you to shoot their handguns.. Try one out first before you buy one.. If you have never shot one before you will find out that what you see on TV is a whole different then real life..
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast