Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Question about USCCA membership

Anyone belong to the USCCA?

What do you think of their magazine and other report offerings?

I'm thinking of joining and am curious about what others think of the organization and their informational offerings.

http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Question about USCCA membership

I got one when I first started carrying. The magizine is just OK. I have read some good articles but I have not visited the web site since I joined. I will probably not renew next year.

(Northampton County)

*****BUMP *****
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Lehigh County)

I joined last year and my "membership" is up this month. The magazine isnt too bad, but I found the site to be relatively dead in comparison to PAFOA. (lots more knowledge here)

Im not planning on renewing USCCA for the following year, instead supporting PAFOA and NRA.

(Centre County)

I joined last year and my "membership" is up this month. The magazine isnt too bad, but I found the site to be relatively dead in comparison to PAFOA. (lots more knowledge here)

Im not planning on renewing USCCA for the following year, instead supporting PAFOA and NRA.
    I agree 100% but let me add 1 extra detail and explain further to help you make an informed decision.

First let me state that I currently do belong to the USCCA and I have gained valuable information from the email newsletter! I do enjoy reading the magazine too. With that said let me also state that I will not be renewing again.

They are fairly anti-OC. I believe I have seen a total of ONLY 1 positive comment on OC and many negative by the so called experts.
    MAJOR STRIKE against them in my book.

On this forum you get valuable information pertaining to both OC, CC and LOCAL AREA AND STATE LAWS among all the other different chat rooms on the forum.

The EXPERTS gathered on this site have BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. THEY are the ones fighting for their rights to help you and me.

The people that you can directly contact here either have the knowledge or can direct you where to go.

In todays economy I have had to parse where my $$ donations go so I have to be very selective. I have chosen to be a donating member here as well as the NRA.

Good luck in your decision making.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheF00L View Post
    I agree 100% but let me add 1 extra detail and explain further to help you make an informed decision.

First let me state that I currently do belong to the USCCA and I have gained valuable information from the email newsletter! I do enjoy reading the magazine too. With that said let me also state that I will not be renewing again.

They are fairly anti-OC. I believe I have seen a total of ONLY 1 positive comment on OC and many negative by the so called experts.
    MAJOR STRIKE against them in my book.

On this forum you get valuable information pertaining to both OC, CC and LOCAL AREA AND STATE LAWS among all the other different chat rooms on the forum.

The EXPERTS gathered on this site have BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. THEY are the ones fighting for their rights to help you and me.

The people that you can directly contact here either have the knowledge or can direct you where to go.

In todays economy I have had to parse where my $$ donations go so I have to be very selective. I have chosen to be a donating member here as well as the NRA.

Good luck in your decision making.
    That's pretty much where I am too. I don't have membership but i do get the email newsletter...that part is free. But they really do push the "Join Now to get access to...."

The anti-OC...I don't get the mag so cant comment on that...But I could pick that same feeling from the website...

(Centre County)

JUST TO BE FAIR about the magazine. There are many good articles for the CC'er as well as the OC'er. This issue which arrived 2 days ago covers information about training, street tactics, an ongoing segment about "From incident to acquittal", "Real world carry gear", "The armed senior citizen", as well as the normal "Profile" article done on a member, True Stories.....

I do enjoy reading them BUT in a recent article (last months magazine I believe) a so called expert gave his informed opinion against OC which had to do with you being the first target of the BG. I lend my magazines out at work and will try to find the quote if it has not gone home with someone.

So to sum it up: If you can handle the small bits of Anti-OC I see filtering through the Magazine go for it. It does have alot of valuable CC material as well as tips, techniques, stories, training.......My budget as well as thoughts on OC will not permit me to continue for another year.

Originally I decided to just not re-up when my subscription runs out. I have had a change of heart. I figure it is better to complain to those I feel are doing us a dis-service BEFORE I take my dollars and leave. I am first going to pen a letter to the editor based on the following ideas:

-OC'ers help the 2nd Amendment (and 4th) cause as much or more than CC'ers
    -Your magazine would be well served to include an OC article monthly
    -Your magazine should not quote information against OC which can not be backed up by statistics

I am just now formulating what i want to write and I suspect it will go through many changes before complete. Good luck on your decision. I hope this information helps.