Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Mom in minivan tasered twice in Salina traffic stop; camera captures deputy's rough r

Mom in minivan tasered twice in Salina traffic stop; camera captures deputy's rough roadside arrest
    In January, an Onondaga County sheriff's deputy pulled over Audra Harmon, who had two of her kids with her in her minivan. A routine traffic stop escalated quickly.

The deputy, Sean Andrews, accused her of talking on her cell phone. She said she could prove him wrong.

He said she was speeding. She denied it and got out of the van. He told her to get back in. She did, then he ordered her back out.

He yanked her out by the arm, knocked her down with two Taser shots and charged her with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. His rationale on the disorderly conduct charge: She obstructed traffic when she got out of the van. The speeding accusation: going 50 mph in a 45-mph zone.

Edit: Click link for dashcam video.
    Last edited by tlgpa; August 14th, 2009 at 10:23 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mom in minivan tasered twice in Salina traffic stop; camera captures deputy's rou

this a-hole ruins it for the rest of them.

TO THE ELECTRIC CHAIR!!!!!!
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Default Re: Mom in minivan tasered twice in Salina traffic stop; camera captures deputy's rou

Disgusting. And cops wonder why they get hit with the "JBT" label.

(Centre County)

I'd pull a gun on a cop if I witnessed that. That's rediculous, a civilian would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and if they were killed or shot by the victim, it would be a clear cut case of self defense. This guy should spend a decade in a federal penetentiary.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    I'd pull a gun on a cop if I witnessed that. That's rediculous, a civilian would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and if they were killed or shot by the victim, it would be a clear cut case of self defense. This guy should spend a decade in a federal penetentiary.
    And then we would be discussing the story about you as you were being sent to prison. Cameras are much better tools against cops than guns are.

(Lawrence County)

Wow, it's no wonder so many people hate cops. How could he have deemed her a threat? I'm sure the investigation will show no wrong doing and it will be back to business as usual in a few months.

(Lackawanna County)

There is more to the story at the link posted by the OP. Charges were dropped but she is going after him. Good for her. He also had to fire twice when the taser failed to penetrate her clothing. How quick are they to reload?
    This whole story reeks of brute force and ignorance. The officer is up shit creek.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lehigh County)

Well, obviously we don't want to be pulling guns on the police, but you know what? I think it would be awful hard to stand by as a witness while this was happening and not get in the officer's face a bit, at least, and tell him in no uncertain terms that he's out of line, especially with a 5 year old girl screaming in the van. And telling the mom something along the lines of "Don't worry, ma'am... we'll watch your children until your husband comes, and I'll leave my card with your husband in case you need a witness for your civil suit against this disgrace to the badge."

Of course, I'm older now and don't really care if he wants to arrest me too... but I'm really losing the patience to put up with this sort of thing.
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; August 14th, 2009 at 10:39 AM.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    And then we would be discussing the story about you as you were being sent to prison. Cameras are much better tools against cops than guns are.

and people who stand idle and do nothing when something bad happens are just as bad as the offending party. what if it would have went further? I'd sit in a courtroom and prison cell for a while if I know it meant a mom not being killed by a fucking pig in front of her kids.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    There is more to the story at the link posted by the OP.
    Including the dashcam video.

I don't think the woman handled the situation as good as she could have. She was somewhat resistant to the officers orders. As discussed often here, when an officer orders you to do something, you should comply, even if he is wrong. Let your lawyer deal with it afterwards. Getting tased in the middle of the road is not a good thing.

However, even given her actions, they were no where near enough to justify tasing. Shame on you Mr officer.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast