Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Internal Lasers

(Montgomery County)

Default Internal Lasers

HELP!!!

I am looking to outfit my G17 and Taurus 24/7 with internal PIN lasers. Any suggestions on manufatures, places to buy from ect? Orginally this was an effort to assist her if she ever needed to use the guns for defensive purposes, but after shooting a friends G17 i have found that the laser can be quite helpfully. His rig had a topmount via Laserlyte i belive..

Thanks

Robert

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Internal Lasers

I have a G27 with the lasermax guiderod setup installed. I like the setup except for when carrying in a soft holster. I've had problems with the activation switch getting bumped enough to turn it on. They are also not adjustable for zero like the grip models from crimson trace. They are however a good way to get the point across to a badguy that you mean business. As for a vendor to get them, I really can't recomend one over another. I got mine a few years ago from Ed's Sporting Goods when I also had night sights installed.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheeling365 View Post
    I have a G27 with the lasermax guiderod setup installed. I like the setup except for when carrying in a soft holster. I've had problems with the activation switch getting bumped enough to turn it on. They are also not adjustable for zero like the grip models from crimson trace. They are however a good way to get the point across to a badguy that you mean business. As for a vendor to get them, I really can't recomend one over another. I got mine a few years ago from Ed's Sporting Goods when I also had night sights installed.
    Have the same for my G26. I love the fact that it doesn't alter your gun's external in any way. Mine is spot on and no adjustment ever needed. I rarely use the laser, but have to replace my battery frequently though (once every 6 to 8 weeks). It has to do with the watch batteries that I use and/or I accidentally leave bump the switch. It's a good idea (that I always do now) to check it before you put the gun on and before you put the gun away.

Another thing to mention is that the Lasermax has a pulsating laser (to conserve battery and make the dot easier to see). This means it blinks rapidly vs. the Crimson or other lasers.

Al

(Lebanon County)

Al, thats actually a good point about the beam pulsing. I actually prefer it as its easier for me to pick out than a steady beam.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheeling365 View Post
    Al, thats actually a good point about the beam pulsing. I actually prefer it as its easier for me to pick out than a steady beam.
    Yup, thought that was a problem initially, but it's easier/quicker to pick out compared to the TLR-2 and GTL-21 fixed lasers on our HD guns.

Al