Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default LTCF address question

Did some searching, but didn't find anything that directly answered my question...maybe my search-fu is weak on this site or is it that the search is absolutely horrid? anyhow.........

my question is whether or not I have to get a new LTCF since I just recently moved to a new town, but I still reside in Delaware County (which is where my LTCF was issued from originally).

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: LTCF address question

No.

But it's generally considered a good idea to notify the issuing office so they have your proper mailing address in case of need to contact you regarding your current license. Ex: Revocation

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    No.

But it's generally considered a good idea to notify the issuing office so they have your proper mailing address in case of need to contact you regarding your current license. Ex: Revocation
    Thanks, Rich...I'll call them on Monday. =)

(Berks County)

I have a question as well so instead of starting a new thread I'll just post here.

Buddy of mine lives in Lehigh County and works there. But his Drivers License is still at his parents house in Pike County. Will he be able to get a LTCF for Lehigh County or should he go back home to Pike County to get one?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    I have a question as well so instead of starting a new thread I'll just post here.

Buddy of mine lives in Lehigh County and works there. But his Drivers License is still at his parents house in Pike County. Will he be able to get a LTCF for Lehigh County or should he go back home to Pike County to get one?
    Vehicle code requires you update your DL within 15 days of changing residency.

What he needs to do is update his DL (Can do through PennDot online) and then go get his LTCF in the county he lives in now per 18Pa.C.S.6109

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Jefferson County)

No.

In addition to revocation :P they'll also send you a reminder to renew your license. At least, they do in Jefferson County--not sure about the rest of the state.

(Berks County)

Vehicle code requires you update your DL within 15 days of changing residency.

What he needs to do is update his DL (Can do through PennDot online) and then go get his LTCF in the county he lives in now per 18Pa.C.S.6109
    Technically tho he still lives in Pike County. Just has an apartment down here with that he shares with his girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by levib View Post
    In addition to revocation :P they'll also send you a reminder to renew your license. At least, they do in Jefferson County--not sure about the rest of the state.
    All sheriffs (and Philly police chief) are required by statute to notify for renewals and in fact part of the license fee is supposed to go for that purpose

(f) Term of license.—

(1) A license to carry a firearm issued under subsection (e) shall be valid throughout this Commonwealth for a period of five years unless extended under paragraph (3) or sooner revoked.

(2) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.
    (h) Fee.—

(1) In addition to fees described in paragraphs (2)(ii) and (3), the fee for a license to carry a firearm is $19. This includes all of the following:

(i) A renewal notice processing fee of $1.50.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; January 2nd, 2010 at 10:05 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    Technically tho he still lives in Pike County. Just has an apartment down here with that he shares with his girlfriend.
    18Pa.C.S.6109 requires that one applies in their county of residence.

Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

why was my thread moved to concealed carry? it has nothing to do with it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast