Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs up Classic Pistol in Southampton

I went Friday evening to pick up the S & W 442 I had on layaway at Classic Pistol. I was treated with respect and courtesy by all staff during the transaction. I know some shops would treat a woman buying a firearm differently from a man.
    When I went to pick out the gun I wanted for myself a few weeks ago Bob the owner was extremely helpful and never once looked at my fiance or asked his opinion on what my choice should be. Believe me that was important to me.
    After the transaction was complete I was given a lane for free to go try it out.
    I'm very pleased with my choice. I bought the all black version. In my opinion the silver and black didn't look as nice to me. It's perfect for me as I have small hands. A pleasant surprise, the recoil was much less then I've read on the threads here.
    Well anyway I know I'll go back to Classic Pistol again, actually my 11 year old daughter and I are taking the women's pistol class next Saturday.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Classic Pistol in Southampton

Congratulations on your purchase! I've always liked those guys and I'm glad they treated you well. I wish they were a little closer and a little cheaper since they allow full auto rifle.

Visited the shop myself today and had a very pleasant experience. Transaction didn't go through yet, because for some reason I can't find my change of address card (drivers license shows an >1 yr old address ... oddly enough the Sheriff didn't mind and issued the LTCF anyway). As a German ex-banker, I won't blame anyone for being accurate, so they did the right thing. I'll see if I can get that fixed tomorrow. There is a DMV on the way.

I too have very small hands, and that despite the fact that I'm a 6'1'' male. I can palm a tennis ball, but a volley ball is a problem to pick up with one hand. With that come relatively weak wrist joints. Plus, as a year round two wheel guy, concealment is an issue, so "size matters". I wanted to take a look at a Walther PPS in 9mm and THEY HAD ONE

I immediately told the guy that I haven't used a handgun in 25 years. so he should please treat me like a complete newbie. He didn't. Little background: I served in the West German Navy '84/'85, so I have a tiny bit of (very rusty) hands on experience with guns. Mostly H&K G3 assault rifle, but a little Uzi and this and that. Anyhow, he immediately adjusted to my level and brought me up to speed about the features of the PPS. Very professional.

While he did his paperwork and phone stuff, I looked around the store. Decent selection. Can't comment on prices due to lack of experience. And I don't talk about money until I have made my decision, partly based on the question if I want to deal with the guy in case something is wrong with my purchase. Any appliance or tool I buy, that's over $500, I ask myself "would I want to interact with this guy over a warranty issue?". The answer here was "yes, any time".

The PPS itself is, oh well, I haven't had the pleasure shooting it yet, but it fits into my hand like made for it. Nice little "no tinsel" pistol. Optimized in size and weight for concealed carry. It is what I was looking for and I think I am going to be married to this baby for a long time.

All in all, I am very satisfied with Classic Pistol so far. Patient, professional and just 20 minutes from my home.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

This morning I went to the DMV to get the corrected drivers license, continued to Classic Pistol and everything went smooth.

Put the first 50 rounds through my new PPS right away. This isn't the firearms forum, so I'll only say that I am very happy with my choice. Both the PPS and the store I bought if from.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Philadelphia County)

Just wanted to give some more props to Classic. I put my Sig Trailside in for repair, the gunsmith couldn't get the original parts (the sole US supplier is on a summer long family vacation) so he fashioned a new trigger spring for me from what he had on hand.

Shot there today, good times as usual.

(Montgomery County)

I can vouch for Classic Pistol. In my opinion they are the best indoor range and gun shop in the area. My girlfriend shoot there on a regular basis and have bought a few pistols over the years at the shop.

Some time back I bought a P229 DAK that was a used range gun from the shop. While shooting it at the range the trigger return spring broke. The armorer replaced all of the springs while we waited in about 10 minutes. Kudos. We will be classic pistol customers for quite some time.

I've been to Classic Pistol numerous times and recommend them to anyone who asks.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Schuylkill County)

Congrats on the pistol, and congrats for you and your daughter taking the class together. i have heard alot of good things about classic, and wouldnt mind going sometime.

(Philadelphia County)

Another +1 for Classic Pistol...being 5 minutes from home is nice, too.

(Philadelphia County)

I love that place. Nice people, clean range, knowlegeable staff. I always go there first for anything I need.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast