Had a pretty bad day today, worried a bit, but probably not as much as one person in WV...

I called him on a power fail/ Low battery for his alarm system..

He says I have better things to worry about then this!

I figure he knows about the power fail and mark him off as notified...

One of our Cable hubs goes offline (Armstrong cable) so we page the on call, also in WV, he calls back... No one will let us near the Hub, some plane crashed and hit the power lines, they where low in altitude...

Suddenly, I get the same feeling the first man I spoke to in that area has...

911 It seems so similar, but a small plane, the officials wont let people up certain roads, highway is blocked even if it is not really close to the event... Of course, it is not like 911, but it sure brought back some bad memories, I am sure for the locals there as well..

http://www.wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=v...&storyid=51068

Plane Crash Near Tri-State Airport In Wayne County
Posted Friday, January 30, 2009 ; 06:00 PM
Updated Friday, January 30, 2009 ; 06:27 PM

A private twin-engine plane has crashed in Wayne County. It happened just after 1:00 p.m. Friday. Emergency crews have been told three people were killed.
KENOVA -- According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the plane was a twin-engine Piper PA-34 registered to Wesvin Inc. of Wilmington, Delaware. The Piper PA-34 aircraft is configured to seat six.

Tower controllers at Tri-State Airport in Wayne County tell the National Weather Service they lost radar contact with the plane about three miles southeast of Tri-State Airport. That is in the area of the intersection of Route 75 and Plymale Branch Road near Lavelette.
Walter Stroud lives near the crash site. He was in his garage this afternoon and heard the plane fly very low over his home. He went outside and saw the plane bank hard for a turn before it hit a high-voltage power line and burst into a fireball. Stroud says he lost sight of the plane as it disappeared over the trees.
At the time the plane went down, the National Weather Service reports wind out of the west at 5 mph, visibility was 2 miles with light snow and the broken cloud deck was at 1000 feet. The temperature at the time was 27 degrees. Route 75 was closed for about an hour, but has now re-opened. Traffic is moving slowly, however, drivers are blocked from Plymale Branch Road. Emergency crews were quick to respond. West Virginia State Police and Wayne County Sheriffs deputies have secured the area. Volunteer firefighters from Ceredo, Kenova, Lavalette and England Hill are also on scene. Power crews are also there trying to deal with the downed power lines. Workers from the West Virginia Division of Highways have been working to clear Plymale Branch Road so crews can get to the crash site.