Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default I am new to this.

Okay... I recently purchased my first handgun, a Taurus pt145 used.
    Now I want to apply for my carry permit. I am in Lehigh county so I assume I go to the sherrif's department on Hamilton Blvd, is that correct?
    Next...Is there a difference between CCF and LTCF or are the one in the same?
    And Last...The application itself is it basically the same as my background check when I purchased the gun? Do I need to give a reason as to why I want to carry and do I need referances?
    Thanks Alot!!

Default Re: I am new to this.

Yes your local sheriff handles these

what is a CCF .. we have an LTCF in pa (license to carry firearms) .. notice that says nothing about concealed

the background check is also about the same as the check when you buy a gun, but it's not an 'instant check' ... most people wait 30 days

for reason just put down self defense

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by deucenine View Post
    And Last...The application itself is it basically the same as my background check when I purchased the gun? Do I need to give a reason as to why I want to carry and do I need referances?
    Thanks Alot!!
    The application process is similar, yes. You fill out forms with a lot of the same info, except that you are asked some extra stuff. You need two referees who aren't relatives. Some counties will try to tell you that referees must be PA residents, or even that they must come from the same county! For the sake of a quiet life you might want to go along with them if you can, but in practice I've not heard anyone getting denied because their referees weren't living in the same county.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    The application process is similar, yes. You fill out forms with a lot of the same info, except that you are asked some extra stuff. You need two referees who aren't relatives. Some counties will try to tell you that referees must be PA residents, or even that they must come from the same county! For the sake of a quiet life you might want to go along with them if you can, but in practice I've not heard anyone getting denied because their referees weren't living in the same county.
    Is it gonna be that tough to apply?