Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Good, NO, GREAT Pro Gun Show

I had just gotten off the PaFOA chatroom last night and was doing some channel surfing. On Showtime, Penn and Teller have a show called Bull**** (I may have that a bit wrong, not sure) it was on at 1030PM (Eastern), for 1/2 hour. Last nights show was about GUN CONTROL and why it DOES NOT WORK. It was GREAT, absolutely GREAT.

They gave all the arguments why it doesn't work backed up with statistics (and a little magic thrown in also). One statement absolutely sticks in my mind. Jackie Mason (great old comedian) summed it up very well. He said "Anyone who thinks that gun control works is a fucking moron" (his words exactly). They shot down every argument for gun control with facts and statistics. They had a person who gave the anti's statements for gun control and they didn't just shoot them down but blew them out of the sky and water and land.

They talked to the lady who led the fight in Texas to be able to carry in a restuarant after a guy (this was a few years back) cold bloodedly murdered 22 people. She had a gun but left it in the car as per Texas law. Both her father (who charged the gunman and was killed) and her mother (she was cradling her husband in her arms and the gunman put the gun to her head, in front of the police, and pulled the trigger) died before police could kill the gunman.

I highly recommend watching the show if you can. If not, find someone that has Showtime and get them to record it for you. It is first rate. I cannot say enough about how well this was put together.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Default Re: Good, NO, GREAT Pro Gun Show

Bullshit is an awesome show. The one on gun control is definitely my favorite. You can watch the whole episode on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wGPd2UPv7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmUq1ha_5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTUR86qBoUk

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...ab=wv&start=10

Hate to burst your bubble but its been around for a while. I agree though, it is very straight forward and informative.

(Berks County)

"Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas