Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default what is on your "BUCKET LIST"?

There is a movie about two men, one has a terminal illness, and they are making a list for what they want to do in their life.
    Some of it we have done, some we want to do yet, some we may not be able to do...
    I feel it is something we should all pause and give thought to, what if i am not here next year...or five years from now, What is important to me?

for instance my bucket list:
    done:
    know my children know Jesus
    rock climb/rappel
    shoot the rapids
    down hill ski patrol
    cross coutry ski
    spelunking
    run 10K's
    marriage and children (+grands..)
    B.S. 1980
    keg stand

want to do:
    build a log home with Jack
    Master degree
    travel the USA for a whole summer or year...
    Doctorate
    skydive (may come off the list)
    marathon (getting bleaker)
    get a better gun
    open our home to girls with a temporary need
    another mission trip to Haiti to see Jimmy John
    visit Scotland, and Germany.

the list changes, as the years go by....and is as personal as each of us is different.
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: what is on your "BUCKET LIST"?

I don't have a bucket list. Don't believe in them. Its a sure sign of getting old to.LOL

I have rappelled its a ton of fun.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

sky dive
    hit the rapids
    try snowboarding
    visit Italy, Israel, Dubai(maybe)

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I don't have a bucket list. Don't believe in them. Its a sure sign of getting old to.LOL
    maybe it is a sign of age, however I was having this discussion with a 16 yr old girl facing making her "make a wish", I dont think she thinks she is old enough to be facing these thoughts, just forced to see her life in a different light, so i thought it would be something others might want to think on. It really isn't a "belief" system- just a set of "would like to's"....but you surely don't have to..... like I said it is personal how we each approach life, ie with or without goals/plans or by the seat of our pants(i do this too...), or been there done that, finished, or who cares... the ways go on and on....

What do you want in life?

Did you get some of it or are working on some of it?
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Washington County)

Well I'm not going to put the whole list up here just yet... but there is something I feel like sharing.

I truly enjoy looking up at the stars. It's so amazing to know that there's so much out there in space... and to know that there's a God who knows you and loves you even in all the beauty of the created world.

There's a scientific <thing> called light pollution. It's pretty heavy here in the eastern seaboard. I've always wanted to go to the middle of Africa, where there are no city lights or anything. When you look up at night, you see everything. And I imagine it's beautiful.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyf22 View Post
    Well I'm not going to put the whole list up here just yet... but there is something I feel like sharing.

I truly enjoy looking up at the stars. It's so amazing to know that there's so much out there in space... and to know that there's a God who knows you and loves you even in all the beauty of the created world.

There's a scientific <thing> called light pollution. It's pretty heavy here in the eastern seaboard. I've always wanted to go to the middle of Africa, where there are no city lights or anything. When you look up at night, you see everything. And I imagine it's beautiful.
    Middle of the Pacific is even better!!! I tell people there ain't no spot where there ain' a star. Good luck, and I love your passion.

I want to ride my motorcycle to Alaska and back home and take the long way.
    I want a granddaughter, I have 4 sons.
    I want to die in my sleep anytime after my 80th birthday is fine.
    I might like to try skydiving for my 55th birthday, but I don't want to tandem.
    Rome and Venice.
    I'd like to scuba dive Thailand.

This was a good daydream!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    Middle of the Pacific is even better!!! I tell people there ain't no spot where there ain' a star. Good luck, and I love your passion.

I want to ride my motorcycle to Alaska and back home and take the long way.
    I want a granddaughter, I have 4 sons.
    I want to die in my sleep anytime after my 80th birthday is fine.
    I might like to try skydiving for my 55th birthday, but I don't want to tandem.
    Rome and Venice.
    I'd like to scuba dive Thailand.

This was a good daydream!
    Thank you Dan,

Coast to coast, the long way.

Scuba in Papua New Guinea. Way better there. There's no spot where there ain' a fish. ;-)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyf22 View Post

So how many times have you gone through Carl Sagan's Cosmos? I've lost count myself. Seeing the "backbone of the night" from a low light spot in Africa has been my dream too. If you're an astronomy fan I highly recommend downloading Stellarium, a free astronomy program that lets you track the stars in real time from any location. I like turning off the atmosphere so rapid daylight doesn't turn my monitor into a strobe light and then speeding up the rotation just to watch the stars spin, planets drift, and time fly by.

(Bucks County)

I too love to lay on my back and just look at the stars. I grew up in rural Wisconsin and the stars here are no where near as spectacular because of the pollution. Plus we had Aurora Borealis, that's amazingly beautiful.
    Please, anyone with skydiving on their list, don't pass it over. I went for the first time last September (I was 49) Falling thru the air at 125 miles an hour from 3 miles up is not to be missed. I did a tandem with an instructor ( a young good looking Australian, he he got to sit on his lap for the plane trip up) You can see all the way to the ocean and Chesapeake Bay from up there. I'd do it again in a heartbeat....
    As for the bucket list, I'll have to think that one over.

(Montgomery County)

Made the list when I was 16. I was working as a volunteer in a nursing home when a group of old men were talking about the things they did when they were younger. One old man did not say a thing. Later he grabbed my arm and with tears in his eyes said "Don't grow old with out making memories to share". He had lived his life 'carefully' and 'proper'. He only did the things that were 'expected' of him.

Myself and several others that night made list of all the things we wanted to do. I did all the things on my list that I made that day. I keep adding to it and doing the new things. But the list keeps getting longer with even more things that are waiting for me to do.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast