Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver Bullets

Default Silver Bullets

I know it's a bit silly, but I have been looking for some 9x19 silver bullets. I did some searching online, and apparently bulletforge used to make them, but are currently not taking orders, and the only other places I found only make larger calibers like 357 and 44.

I don't need a whole butload, was looking at buying maybe 50 rounds in total. My buddy is also an ordained minister, and I was going to have him bless them, just in case. It's kind of a running joke with my friends, but I really wouldn't mind having them...

You know...

Just in case

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Silver Bullets

I could almost see a market for this...

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by fury_161 View Post
    I know it's a bit silly, but I have been looking for some 9x19 silver bullets. I did some searching online, and apparently bulletforge used to make them, but are currently not taking orders, and the only other places I found only make larger calibers like 357 and 44.

I don't need a whole butload, was looking at buying maybe 50 rounds in total. My buddy is also an ordained minister, and I was going to have him bless them, just in case. It's kind of a running joke with my friends, but I really wouldn't mind having them...

You know...

Just in case
    Got to watch out for those wolf men in Easton!
    Bazinga

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Me and my brother were talking about this the other night. Pure silver bullets would be costly. I was wondering if silver filled hollow points or a silver alloy bullet would be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Me and my brother were talking about this the other night. Pure silver bullets would be costly. I was wondering if silver filled hollow points or a silver alloy bullet would be sufficient.
    It's not as bad as you would think, silver is not nearly as high value as it used to be. Still, I think most are just silver plated. That should be enough.

Also, technically, silver bullets are safer to use if there are bystanders and you need to actually fire your weapon. Silver does not penetrate as deep as standard ammunition. It is also much softer, and even if you miss, the ricochet is not as dangerous.

But really I'm worried about wolfmen.

(Allegheny County)

What no silver nitrate in the hollow points like underworld?

Get your favorite hollowpoint, and melt some silver. Drop a few drops in the tip of each hollow, and Voila! Add garlic if desired

When I saw silver bullets, I was thinking someone was looking for depleted uranium rounds
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

Actually .... if anyone REALLY wants honest to god .999 pure silver bullets feel free to PM me. I have a guy that can make any caliber you want, from 22 to 50 cal. He does specialty castings and one of them is .999 silver bullets.

Be more than happy to 'hook you up'

Lycanthrope Run Run Hide!!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fury_161 View Post

You know...

Just in case

Gottask: "What caliber do you think is sufficient?"

Flash

I do cast bullets, and if you provide the silver, I'll cast what you require, IF I have molds for it.

FYI: Pre-1964 quarters, dimes, half-dollars are 90%, but you can buy ingots of 99.999 fine (currently going $13.04/oz on the spot market. Of course, dealer will add a surcharge for handling).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast