Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sound familiar?

(Berks County)

Angry Sound familiar?

I read this article on Yahoo! and I was taken aback at the similarities between the view expressed by the government employee in this article and that expressed by one of the political parties that will be vying for President next year.

Wal-Mart "realistic" toy guns trigger raid

Fri Jun 1, 10:32 AM ET

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Chinese quality watchdogs have seized 46 toy guns from a Wal-Mart store in Shanghai because they looked "too realistic," state media reported on Thursday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Five types of toy guns, including pistols and a machinegun, seized from the U.S. retailing giant's outlet in Pudong district, violated color standards, the Shanghai Daily said, citing the local bureau of quality and technical supervision.

"All of the guns are black or metallic, which is against a law that states at least half of toy guns should be bright colors such as red or green to differentiate them from real weapons," the paper quoted an unnamed quality official as saying.

"The toy guns sold in Wal-Mart are too real, and such toys can be harmful to children by easily inducing them to violence," the official said.

The bureau would inspect samples of the seized guns again, the paper said, adding that if they were confirmed to have broken regulations, Wal-Mart could face a fine equal to three times their sale value.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/...ffMjx9HA8SH9EA
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Sound familiar?

So... when in that country, just paint your pistol a bright color and the police wont bother you??

(Bucks County)

Unlike here the government there has the "right" to do such things so this should not be surprising. What should be surprising, which is why I bet Bill posted this, is that we so eaisly vote away our liberty here in this country.

(Berks County)

Does this part of the quote sound familiar to anyone other than PhillyD2?

"The toy guns sold in Wal-Mart are too real, and such toys can be harmful to children by easily inducing them to violence," the official said.
    Think Schumer, Kennedy, Feinstein, Brady, McCarthy, Clinton, Obama....
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Erie County)

I'm very surprised they are allowed to have toy guns there, even with that restriction.

I'm sure the raid occurred because the chinese requested info on a dissident from yahoo and yahoo was happy to give them info, they captured sent him to a re-education camp, and he gave up the info on toys that aren't colorful enough am i off?

they didn't vote it away, they had it taken by force, but i'm sure there are many of use dumb enough to vote it away.

(Montgomery County)

Did you notice that the toys in US stores have bright red tips. I had a kid pull a very real looking air soft on me. As I saw it coming up I pulled my 9mm. I was starting to squeeze the trigger when I saw the red tip and held off. Had the toy not had the red tip to warn people that it was not real the kid would be dead right now. For what? A joke? That is what he said afterward.

The color is for safety.

(Montgomery County)

Actually there IS US Federal Commerce and Trade standards for toy gun markings, and they CAN raid US stores that carry those that dont fit the proper regs for the toy gun warning coloration.

it's also illegal to ship interstate toy/fake guns that dont have the markings.

read up.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wb...ke_gun.reg.txt
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Only one of these is real...can you tell which one it is? Could you tell in a heat of the moment life or death situation?

Jaybell, for the two here that aren't marked with blaze orange tip...how do they get away with it?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa