Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Bill Clinton: Obama's Not Very Smart

Bill Clinton: Obama's Not Very Smart
    —DrewM.

Okay, so that's not exactly what he said but it's pretty much the gist of his "praise" of Obama's handling of the economic crisis.

"You know what he did?" Clinton said, heralding Obama's reaction to the financial crisis. "First he took a little heat for not saying much. I knew what he was doing. He talked to his advisers – he talked to my economic advisers, he called Hillary. He called me. He called Warren Buffet. He called all those people, you know why? Because he knew it was complicated and before he said anything he wanted to understand."
    So it was too complicated for Obama to understand right away, he had to talk to smart people like Bill and...Hillary to make sense of it. The backhanded compliment is fine and delicate art. Bill Clinton is a master of it.

Have I mentioned the strange new respect I've developed for the Clinton's in the last year?
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Bill Clinton: Obama's Not Very Smart

WoW.. you are really grasping at straws here.. in every sense of the word.

I take that comment the complete other way around.. instead of opening his mouth and sounding like a dumbass, McCain style... he wanted to be educated in the subject before he gave his opinion.

Props to Obama.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

I take that comment the complete other way around.. instead of opening his mouth and sounding like a dumbass, McCain style... he wanted to be educated in the subject before he gave his opinion.

Props to Obama.
    True, the man has only been in the Senate for the past two years and has voted in favor of several of the plans that ended up biting us in the ass, what would he actually know about the situation.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

Props to Obama.
    But he has run on UNDERSTANDING the economy...

And calling President Clinton and Hillary Clinton for advice?
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Lehigh County)

Are you kidding? Now your blasting him for talking to experts, and asking advice from more experenced people?

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds? It's the highest form of idocy to assume you know better and never talk to those who are experts in the field.. Look what happen when Bush has done it..

Fema anyone?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Are you kidding? Now your blasting him for talking to experts, and asking advice from more experenced people?

Do you have any idea how silly that sounds? It's the highest form of idocy to assume you know better and never talk to those who are experts in the field.. Look what happen when Bush has done it..

Fema anyone?
    Oh yeah, the ex-CEO's of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac whom Obama has on his campaign staff are people I really want helping obama "fix" the economy.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
    Oh yeah, the ex-CEO's of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac whom Obama has on his campaign staff are people I really want helping obama "fix" the economy.
    McCain has the same on his staff.. Ugh... Blah blah.. Are the CEO's current advisors in what capacity?

Obama's Staff
    McCain's Staff

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    McCain has the same on his staff.. Ugh... Blah blah.. Are the CEO's current advisors in what capacity?

Obama's Staff
    McCain's Staff
    Really? They're getting paid to be on the campaign staff of BOTH candidates? Damn, they're better than I thought! Sneaky little bastids.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(York County)

I noticed you missed what was probably the most important part of that interview:

"but I know what else he said to his economic advisers -- he said, 'Tell me what the right thing to do is. What's the right thing for America? Don't tell me what's popular, you tell me what's right, I'll figure it out and sell it.'"

This is a situation that's complicated enough that most people in the industry don't understand it. God forbid he goes to people like Warren Buffet and Paul Volcker for advice.