Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Online Ammo Dealers?

New S&W 9mm compact owner here from Pa. Just getting into handguns and was wondering if anyone here buys ammo online? If so, any recommendations?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Online Ammo Dealers?

I buy in bulk from TargetSportsUSA, but they're sold out right now like everybody else.

https://www.wikiarms.com/
    https://gun.deals/
    https://gun-deals.com/ammo.php
    aggregate sites to help find dealers.
    i also usually use targetsportsusa
    usually...
    but if things keep up like they are i suggest kneepads to help secure your ammo supply.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDG78CH/
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

In general one can certainly buy ammo online. There are large stores like Bass Pro Shop, Brownell's, Palmetto State as well as more speciality ones like Lucky Gunner. Another option is the Vista Company sells their ammo through their various brand websites (Federal Premium, Speer (Gold Dot), and CCI). Sig Sauer also sells online. There are some aggregator sites that search others like AmmoSeek. And if you want to overpay, can always check out GunBroker and the like for what someone thinks their stuff is worth. For range/practice ammo there are also companies that reload once-used brass and put out a decent product: SuperVel, Stand1 Armory, and more.

With all the above said, there's a perfect storm that's driven up prices and cleared shelves. When you could pay say $10-$15 for a box of 50 rounds of training ammo, it's 2-3X that now. And in ordering online, it may take a few weeks or a few months (Optics Planet). Some stores, say Dunham's, will get in a shipment and sell at the normal $15 or so, but a limit of a box or two and the stock is gone within a few hours. So some hunting around and online stalking may be at hand. For defensive ammo there's options like SPEER Gold Dot, Federal HST, and others. For those they usually come in a box of 20 and you'll probably pay double the range ammo prices. But they are far superior for daily carry if you were going that route.

(Bucks County)

I bought online when peices were reasonable. I'm now trying to conserve what I have, waiting for the price to drop.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    I bought online when peices were reasonable. I'm now trying to conserve what I have, waiting for the price to drop.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the prices are generally going up. I'll occasionally see a good-for-the-times kind of price. When it is gone, the remaining prices are higher than they were before the "deal" showed up.

I think with everything going on, the prices aren't going to return to "normal" anytime soon. 40 cents/round for 9mm is going to be the deal price when last year, you wouldn't have touched it for anything over 20 cents a round. We're all going to get a lot less picky about what brands we use too. I'm still being brand specific, but I'm also paying for it most of the time.

-Zach

Time to start buying up reloads from mr.retired with the press.
    If you can find him willing to sell his stock/supplies.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the prices are generally going up. I'll occasionally see a good-for-the-times kind of price. When it is gone, the remaining prices are higher than they were before the "deal" showed up.

I think with everything going on, the prices aren't going to return to "normal" anytime soon. 40 cents/round for 9mm is going to be the deal price when last year, you wouldn't have touched it for anything over 20 cents a round. We're all going to get a lot less picky about what brands we use too. I'm still being brand specific, but I'm also paying for it most of the time.

-Zach
    I'm aware they're still rising. I'm also optimistic they will drop again. It's a cycle. 2009 Obama, 2012 Obama, 2013 Newtown, 2016 threat of Hillary, 2020, well, you know. I'm not paying current prices for ammo.

(Huntingdon County)

https://ammoseek.com/
    I can normally find some pretty good deals on here.
    Because Failure Is Not An Option

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    I'm aware they're still rising. I'm also optimistic they will drop again. It's a cycle. 2009 Obama, 2012 Obama, 2013 Newtown, 2016 threat of Hillary, 2020, well, you know. I'm not paying current prices for ammo.
    It's inevitable they will fall as demand is satisfied and at some point the drama goes away. But I think it will probably take another year for that to happen. Maybe longer depending on what moves the potential biden administration will make. I'm sure we will see the resurgence of random bio bot mass shooters as well.

Back in 2013 I used gunbot and ammoseek to find "deals" and you just have to dig away and be ready to pounce when something decent comes up. I found the main retailers like Midway and Cabelas usually had better deals in these types of times, but of course those deals sell within minutes.

Hopefully people will learn to be more self sustaining next time, learn how to reload and buy components or cases in bulk when prices and supply is plentiful. At this point I am probably set for a decade, maybe more. It will be 2035 before I need to worry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast