Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The ONLY way to get term limits in Congress

Most folks think I am too unreasonable in asking everyone to NEVER REELECT ANYONE IN CONGRESS. They think it’s an extremist position. But that’s the whole point! Congress will never listen to us UNLESS we scare the bejesus out of them! To drive the point home, NEVER REELECT ANYONE IN CONGRESS.

The closer we get to a “Voter’s One-Term Congress”, the closer we’ll get to real term limits on Congress, and thus a “Citizen’s Congress.

There is only one way to make term limits happen : The American voter must IMPOSE term limits on Congress by NEVER REELECTING anyone in Congress. In other words, don't let anyone serve more than one term. That's the only way to teach them that the voter is boss! The “one term limit” can be eased AFTER we citizens get control of Congress.

Congress will never allow us to constitutionally term limit them. Our only choice is to NEVER REELECT them.
    Remember too, it makes no difference who you vote for, as long as it is NEVER any incumbent.

Backup for this reasoning follows:

NEVER REELECT ANYONE IN CONGRESS
    I believe that even a little success in a campaign to NEVER REELECT ANYONE IN CONGRESS would move us a long way toward a revolutionary change in American politics, much like 1776. Some of the reasons in favor of this approach:

• Gives us a one-term, term limited Congress without using amendments
    • It would be supported by 70% of the country who want term limits for Congress
    • It is completely non-partisan
    • If repeated, it ends career politicians dominating Congress
    • It opens the way to a “citizen Congress”
    • It ends the seniority system that keeps freshmen powerless
    • It doesn’t cost you any money. But you MUST vote! Just don’t vote for an incumbent
    • It is the only guaranteed, infallible, unstoppable way to “Throw ALL the Bums Out”
    • It takes effect immediately on Election Day
    NEVER REELECT ANYONE IN CONGRESS.

Nelson Lee Walker of tenurecorrupts.com

Default Re: The ONLY way to get term limits in Congress

I have a better idea - never vote for a Republican or a Democrat, never vote for anyone who employs staffers with connections to lobbyists, never vote for anyone who doesn't read every bill they vote on, and never vote for anyone who isn't fully and demonstrably committed to abiding by the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    I have a better idea - never vote for a Republican or a Democrat, never vote for anyone who employs staffers with connections to lobbyists, never vote for anyone who doesn't read every bill they vote on, and never vote for anyone who isn't fully and demonstrably committed to abiding by the constitution.
    You do realize you have just eliminated every politician alive today and a good 95% of those thinking about being politicians, right?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    You do realize you have just eliminated every politician alive today and a good 95% of those thinking about being politicians, right?
    Maybe we need people who aren't politicians. Just regular people who go in, do the job and go home. People who are politicians want to stay one for life.

(York County)

The OP is busting this out as his first post? not saying I disagree with what he is saying, but it seems a little like a plant to me.....?

Hey OP, what do you like to shoot and why?
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    95% seems awfully generous..... Id go with more like 99.999% personally

Well, that is kind of the point, right, to get rid of the career politicians.

What is OP? Please explain for thisnewbie.
    Yep, the only way to get them all out is to never reelect them. I don't know why so few people recognize this as the only way to reclaim our country from the professional pols.
    We gotta stop voting for party, for candidate, for issue. Start voting for America!
    Don't tell me that nobody will run for a one term job. When people realize that the pros are not winning, lots of ordinary citizens will run for office.

(Armstrong County)

And your point is???

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nels96 View Post
    What is OP? Please explain for thisnewbie.
    It means both Original Post and Original Poster refering to either the first post in the thread or the person who made it.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast