Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questioned while fishing at a lake.

Hello everyone,
    I was fishing at a lake in Tioga county last week when a Ranger stopped me. Yes, I had my SR9 openly displayed. I was planning on going to a friends house for some target practice later that evening.
    I noticed that I was the only one shore fishing on this lake when a Ranger pulled up and stopped his vehicle behind me about 80 yds away. I continued to fish knowing that my fishing license was displayed on the rear of my hat and that he HAD to of seen it.
    I continued to fish due to me having a crappy day at work and that I enjoy the peacetime of fishing. I heard his truck door slam. I didn't even turn around. I knew he was coming to have a chat. Can you believe that the first words out of his mouth were "what are you doing here". I'm usually a smart a$$, but I explained to him that I'm pretty sure it looks like I'm fishing here and I showed him my license that was properly displayed. He looked down at my pistol and asked me why I was carrying.
    I explained to him as nicely as I could "because I can" and I've had sh!t happen to me like a stolen vehicle, house broken into, and I was jumped once in Trenton NJ. Yes, I'm in a lake in the middle of nowhere fishing all by myself. But I know damn well that I can at least protect myself if the need be. I'm new to OC laws and CC laws. I have a permit for CC. I'm on Active Duty in the Armed Forces for over 10 years and I'm very familiar with firearms. I also explained to this joker that I was the local recruiter in the area, hoping that he would just leave me alone so I can get back to enjoying what's left of the day. I've enjoyed reading your posts guys, and I bought a new pistol when I got this recruiting job.... There's been some interesting appointments that I've had in the past with some not so friendly folks that don't like the current changes in our government. I'm just protecting my A$$ for the potential threat that's out there that could target me due to the fact that I'm a member of the armed forces and a recruiter as well.

Default Re: Questioned while fishing at a lake.

I also wanted to point out that a couple of months ago 2 Army Soldiers were targeted right outside their office while home on recruiters assistance. I know one was killed and the other was in critical condition.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I was fishing at a lake in Tioga county last week when a Ranger stopped me. Yes, I had my SR9 openly displayed. I was planning on going to a friends house for some target practice later that evening.
    I noticed that I was the only one shore fishing on this lake when a Ranger pulled up and stopped his vehicle behind me about 80 yds away. I continued to fish knowing that my fishing license was displayed on the rear of my hat and that he HAD to of seen it.
    I continued to fish due to me having a crappy day at work and that I enjoy the peacetime of fishing. I heard his truck door slam. I didn't even turn around. I knew he was coming to have a chat. Can you believe that the first words out of his mouth were "what are you doing here". I'm usually a smart a$$, but I explained to him that I'm pretty sure it looks like I'm fishing here and I showed him my license that was properly displayed. He looked down at my pistol and asked me why I was carrying.

So what did he have to say after that?

By the way, welcome to the forum..
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

Hello everyone,
    I explained to him as nicely as I could "because I can" and I've had sh!t happen to me like a stolen vehicle, house broken into, and I was jumped once in Trenton NJ. Yes, I'm in a lake in the middle of nowhere fishing all by myself. But I know damn well that I can at least protect myself if the need be. I'm new to OC laws and CC laws. I have a permit for CC. I'm on Active Duty in the Armed Forces for over 10 years and I'm very familiar with firearms. I also explained to this joker that I was the local recruiter in the area, hoping that he would just leave me alone so I can get back to enjoying what's left of the day. I've enjoyed reading your posts guys, and I bought a new pistol when I got this recruiting job.... There's been some interesting appointments that I've had in the past with some not so friendly folks that don't like the current changes in our government. I'm just protecting my A$$ for the potential threat that's out there that could target me due to the fact that I'm a member of the armed forces and a recruiter as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    So what did he have to say after that?

By the way, welcome to the forum..
    ^^^Yeah that. You're like a bad prom date. Get us all worked up and then fail to deliver.

um yah dude finish the story bout the co. what else did he have to say?

(Tioga County)

In Tioga County most of the lakes are controlled by the Army Corp of Engineers and are no carry zones. When the new National Parks law comes into effect it will still be a no carry zone as the ACE is not affected by the new law. So which lake?
    USNRET '61-'81

Question Re: Questioned while fishing at a lake.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    In Tioga County most of the lakes are controlled by the Army Corp of Engineers and are no carry zones. When the new National Parks law comes into effect it will still be a no carry zone as the ACE is not affected by the new law. So which lake?
    is there any type of dangerous wildlife around there?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    ^^^Yeah that. You're like a bad prom date. Get us all worked up and then fail to deliver.

I've been married 26 years, and that still happens to me. Sometimes I think "I do" is French for "It's over".

(Jefferson County)

And what, he's never seen a poisonous snake around? I know people who carry pistols loaded with the first couple rounds being shot shells when they're going to be out in the woods for exactly that, never mind the possibility that someone can assault you or whatever anywhere.

Can you believe that the first words out of his mouth were "what are you doing here". I'm usually a smart a$$, but I explained to him that I'm pretty sure it looks like I'm fishing here and I showed him my license that was properly displayed. He looked down at my pistol and asked me why I was carrying.

I explained to him as nicely as I could "because I can" and I've had sh!t happen to me like a stolen vehicle, house broken into, and I was jumped once in Trenton NJ.
    Welcome aboard. In my fantasy world the answer to the first question would be '"Being bothered by a jackass", and the answer to the second question is '"For the same reason I'm telling you to go fuck your mother - because I want to and I can. Now go fuck our mother.'"

Sorry for the vulgar tongue, but these assholes who harass people minding their own business do wear on a person's civil disposition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast