Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default FINALLY..... THE $64,000 QUESTION WAS ASKED.

Help me understand why we allow our so called leaders to live under different rules than us taxpayers. Don't dictators do that??

Remember my motto, and use it whenever you are talking to any government official "AS A TAXPAYER, I DON'T WANT OR EXPECT ANYTHING SPECIAL, I JUST WANT OUR LAWMAKERS TO TREAT ME THE SAME AS THEY TREAT THEMSELVES"

After all, we as taxpayers pay them their lucrative salaries and lavish tax free expenses, don't we??

Think about it!!!

FINALLY...THE $64,000 QUESTION WAS ASKED...

YESTERDAY ON "ABC-TV" (BETTER KNOWN AS THE ALL BARRACK CHANNEL) DURING THE "NETWORK SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE".... OBAMA WAS ASKED:

"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????"..... (BET YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER)...

THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT!!!...

IN ADDITION, A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED T HE SAME QUESTION AND THERE RESPONSE WAS..."WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT."

AND THEY DID. IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE "KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL" WAS WRITTEN INTO THE NEW HEALTH CARE REFORM INITIATIVE ENSURING THAT CONGRESS WILL BE 100% EXEMPT!

SO, THIS GREAT NEW HEALTH CARE PLAN THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND I... IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA, HIS FAMILY OR CONGRESS...?? WE (THE AMERICAN PUBLIC) NEED TO STOP THIS PROPOSED DEBACLE ASAP!!!!... THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!

PERSONALLY, I CAN ONLY ACCEPT A UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL THAT EXTENDS TO EVERYONE... NOT JUST US LOWLY CITIZENS... WHILE THE WASHINGTON "ELITE" KEEP RIGHT ON WITH THEIR GOLD-PLATED HEALTH CARE COVERAGES.

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE PASS THIS O N ....IF NOT PLAN TO SUFFER WITH THE OBAMA HEALTH CARE PLAN ....FOR FREE.... WHILE OUR SELF-SERVING POLITICIANS MAKE SURE THAT THEY TAKE CARE OF THEIR BUTTS AT OUR EXPENSE.

(Butler County)

Default When the truth is already bad, why must people be snookered by fabrications?

Quote Originally Posted by PaGunNut View Post
    YESTERDAY ON "ABC-TV" (BETTER KNOWN AS THE ALL BARRACK CHANNEL) DURING THE "NETWORK SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE".... OBAMA WAS ASKED:

[snip]

"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????"..... (BET YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER)...

THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT!!!...
    Bullshit. Here is the transcript from the ABC special on healthcare. This is the appearance that you cribbed the picture from, so I'm using that to identify it. It happened on June-24th. That ought to be your first sign that something is not kosher, and maybe you should look before reposting it from whichever source you got it from. In the interest of fairness, please point to the spot where he's asked "will you and your family give up health care?"

It's tough to do, because that's not what he was asked. This is what he was asked that's even remotely close:

f a national health plan was approved and your family participated,
    and, President Obama, if your wife or your doctor became seriously ill, and things were not going well, and the plan physicians told you they were doing everything that reasonably could be done, and you sought out opinions from some medical leaders and major centers, and they said there's another option that you should -- should pursue, but it was not covered in the plan, would you potentially sacrifice the health of your family for the greater good of insuring millions? Or would you do everything you possibly could as a father and husband to get the best health care and outcome for your family?
    And his answer was bullshit, but he did answer it:

Well, first of all, Doctor, I think it's a terrific question, and it's something that touches us all personally, especially when you start talking about end-of-life care.

As some of you know, my grandmother recently passed away, which was
    a very painful thing for me. She's somebody who helped raise me.But she's somebody who contracted what was diagnosed as terminal cancer. There was unanimity about that. They expected that she'd have six to nine months to live. She fell and broke her hip. And then the question was, does she get hip replacement surgery, even though she was fragile enough that they weren't sure how long she would last, whether she could get through the surgery.

I think families all across America are going through decisions like that all the time. And you're absolutely right that, if it's my family member, it's my wife, if it's my children, if it's my grandmother, I always want them to get the very best care.

But here's the problem that we have in our current health care system, is that there is a whole bunch of care that's being provided that every study, every bit of evidence that we have indicates may not be making us healthier.
    IN ADDITION, A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED T HE SAME QUESTION AND THERE RESPONSE WAS..."WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT."
    Post the video or a transcript from ABC. ABC publishes their transcripts of all major interviews.

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE PASS THIS O N ....IF NOT PLAN TO SUFFER WITH THE OBAMA HEALTH CARE PLAN ....FOR FREE.... WHILE OUR SELF-SERVING POLITICIANS MAKE SURE THAT THEY TAKE CARE OF THEIR BUTTS AT OUR EXPENSE.
    Do yourself a favor and don't pass it on. It's fabricated.

There are all kinds of good reasons to be against the health care bill. Don't make shit up, because it makes those of us trying to oppose it look stupid.

Making stuff up = massively epic fail.

Reposting it far and wide without even checking the date and/or legitimacy = moderately epic fail.
    Last edited by pyld; August 15th, 2009 at 01:21 AM.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: FINALLY..... THE $64,000 QUESTION WAS ASKED.

Plyd

Sorry, I posted late last night after being at a rehearsal dinner and had a few beers and forgot to cite my source for the post. (probably should't have been posting anyway) It was one of the pass it along email and I was not the author. It just got me fired up, I didn’t know how valid the info was so I thought I would see what some of you thought about the subject. I didn't want to come off ignorant or full of BS, that email just fired me up! Thanks for helping me put a filter on it, sometimes you never know where the writer gets their information!

(Allegheny County)

"MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ????"
    Except the current health care proposal isn't for single-payer, universal coverage.

Sorry, I posted late last night after being at a rehearsal dinner and had a few beers and forgot to cite my source for the post. (probably should't have been posting anyway) It was one of the pass it along email and I was not the author. It just got me fired up, I didn’t know how valid the info was so I thought I would see what some of you thought about the subject. I didn't want to come off ignorant or full of BS, that email just fired me up! Thanks for helping me put a filter on it, sometimes you never know where the writer gets their information!
    A good rule of thumb is to ignore chain emails, particularly political ones. They're almost always false.

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    A good rule of thumb is to ignore chain emails, particularly political ones. They're almost always false.
    I'm tired of pointing everyone to snopes every time they email something out. Now I just ignore the emails.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Chester County)

E-mail forwards are the one thing I despise the most. A lot of them are bogus in the first place. How about the one that alerts people of an impending computer virus that is supposed to wipe out your hard drive, or how about the ones that tell you to forward to "x" amount of people so that you don't have bad luck for the next million years.