Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default " I'll take my business and my money elsewhere. "

I hate to break it to everyone but when you say this to a store manager or employee they really could care less. In fact they are probably glad you wont be back. I work in a building supply company and when someone says something like that we are happy to see them go and even give them directions to different place. Dont get me wrong, I think OC is great but trying to get the last word in when asked to leave is pointless. I know the corporate offices will take it somewhat to heart but the people you would be face to face with will not. Brian

Default Re: " I'll take my business and my money elsewhere. "

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I hate to break it to everyone but when you say this to a store manager or employee they really could care less. In fact they are probably glad you wont be back. I work in a building supply company and when someone says something like that we are happy to see them go and even give them directions to different place. Dont get me wrong, I think OC is great but trying to get the last word in when asked to leave is pointless. I know the corporate offices will take it somewhat to heart but the people you would be face to face with will not. Brian
    So who did you ask to leave your store?

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, I heard it all the time when I worked for AT&T. Never gave it too much thought, 90% of the time we were glad to see them go. Only rarely did we ever lose a good customer and for them we would do whatever it takes.

Still, if we noticed a shift in the customers "leaving" we did take notice. For example, if a policy change dealing with upgrades was losing business customers with high rate plans and features we would care. Average customer with poor payment history and a free phone, goodbye.

(York County)

way to shit on the little guys!

(Mercer County)

I suppose it depends.

If someone is at Home Depot buying a $1 bolt, they may not care. If someone has a cart loaded with $800 in lumber, they just might care a good bit.

If it's a mom-and-pop store where you go all the time, then out of the blue they ask you to leave the gun, they may change their minds if you say you won't be back. First-time customer? Not so much.

Of course, this is just conjecture from a business standpoint. I've never been asked to leave, cover, or stow my sidearm. Even at Lowe's and HD...

(Chester County)

Thank You......

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    So who did you ask to leave your store?
    No one actually. Sometimes when someone wants something that we just cant or dont do they throw the line at us. "Home Depot does it." We are usually like so ok go there then.

No one actually. Sometimes when someone wants something that we just cant or dont do they throw the line at us. "Home Depot does it." We are usually like so ok go there then.
    Ahhh, I see.

Kinda like the people who bring a Dodge to a L/M store to get fixed....

I understand, now.

(Elk County)

Well you could tell them you are going to take your money elsewhere and then tell them that you cast a dark curse upon them and their children for generations to come. Laugh evilly as you leave and speak in a nonsensical rhythmic tongue.

Seriously though, I don't care if they don't care, its principle.

(Venango County)

Let me tell you a story about the customer "just buying a $1 bolt"...and business....

(I don't like the business propaganda, oh, I mean the inspirational signs, but my favorite is "It takes months to find a customer; seconds to lose one." It is so true.)

A few years ago, I went pricing modular homes and even double wides. But I was mostly interested in modulars, most likely two stories. It was basically info gathering but the place I first selected was probably the biggest one in the area.

Well, I don't dress to the nines nor do I drive expensive vehicles. I don't think I would if I won the lottery even, at least not for a daily driver.

Well, I go in and ask at the dealer. The salesperson immediately and obviously began to steer me towards the more affordable double wides. I was a little miffed about that. I'm thinking, you dummy, I am sitting on a big deal and when it happens I will be buying a nice home. You're judging me by how I am dressed today...

Eventually the deal went through and I bought a nice modular with a bonus room.

That sales person and his company lost out on quite a bundle of money.

When I work sales, the manager(s) want the big and lucrative accounts to themselves and ignore the lessor customers. You never know which 'lessor' customer is looking to place a big order and the small ones are what they are judging you and your competitors on. That's what I do as a customer, too.
    If you are willing to screw me out of a buck, you'll probably kill me for a few thousand. I exagerate, but really, how am I to trust you with a large order?

Now sometimes the customers' seem unreasonable, I can see that, but you should never be happy to see any of them go.

Maybe that one PIA customer won the lotto the next week or a rich Uncle died and they are the only heir...fat chance you'll see any of it if you told them 'good riddance'.
    Last edited by TaePo; July 29th, 2009 at 12:33 AM.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast