Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Thumbs up American Sport Shooting - Another Thumbs Up

This weekend I was headed to a handgun class out of town. Had a lot of money wrapped up in it with the class, hotel, etc.

Friday at the range one of my handguns started shooting doubles. It hit the ceiling when it fired again during the recoil from the first shot. I was afraid I might be in possession of a handgun that was about to become an unregistered MG, and I had about a thousand rounds to shoot over the weekend.

I showed up at A.S.S. around 1700 on Friday. We are talking last minute, last chance. Rich went over my pistol, inspected it, tested it, even serviced it a bit. No charge. He saved my ass because there is no way I would have headed to the class the next morning at 0400 without him.

The doubles are due to me, not the gun As of Monday, I still get them once in a while. But after a weekend of training, the second shot no longer hits the ceiling Also, my gun handling skills have improved 1000%. Which is hard to believe based on my limited physical function. I'm sure I'm better than the average pistol owner with no training. Half of it was the trainers and half of it was me refusing to admit defeat and working in the middle of the night Sat to find ways to get it done.

Thanks Rich!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: American Sport Shooting - Another Thumbs Up

Happy I could be of help to you. I am also happy to here that you nailed down the problem you were having.

Anytime!!

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    This weekend I was headed to a handgun class out of town. Had a lot of money wrapped up in it with the class, hotel, etc.

Friday at the range one of my handguns started shooting doubles. It hit the ceiling when it fired again during the recoil from the first shot. I was afraid I might be in possession of a handgun that was about to become an unregistered MG, and I had about a thousand rounds to shoot over the weekend.

I showed up at A.S.S. around 1700 on Friday. We are talking last minute, last chance. Rich went over my pistol, inspected it, tested it, even serviced it a bit. No charge. He saved my ass because there is no way I would have headed to the class the next morning at 0400 without him.

The doubles are due to me, not the gun As of Monday, I still get them once in a while. But after a weekend of training, the second shot no longer hits the ceiling Also, my gun handling skills have improved 1000%. Which is hard to believe based on my limited physical function. I'm sure I'm better than the average pistol owner with no training. Half of it was the trainers and half of it was me refusing to admit defeat and working in the middle of the night Sat to find ways to get it done.

Thanks Rich!
    Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    Happy I could be of help to you. I am also happy to here that you nailed down the problem you were having.

Anytime!!
    Rich is such a nice guy.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Rich is such a nice guy.
    Shhhh, he's already having problems finding hats that fit, that's why he never wears one.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Shhhh, he's already having problems finding hats that fit, that's why he never wears one.
    he just likes to show his shiny head to everyone. but yeah his head is kind of big though. hahahaha we love ya Rich