Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mutilated dogs

(Luzerne County)

Default Mutilated dogs

It looks like we have a sicko running around killing dogs and skinning them. the dogs are then dumped "with out the skins" on the side of the road. this sicko dumped three other dogs in a creeck earlier in the week.

More Mutilated Dogs Discovered

Friday, November 16, UDPATED: 3:52 p.m.
    By Josh Brogadir

There is another disturbing discovery being investigated by local authorities.

Click for larger image
    A state trooper and two humane society officers examine the body of a mutilated dog found Friday near Carbondale.

Police in Lackawanna County said two more dogs were found Friday, killed, skinned and left on the side of a road.

Just days after three dogs, including two puppies, were found dead and mutilated in Wyoming County, humane society officers are investigating a similar situation in Lackawanna County.

Authorities think the dogs were likely thrown off the side of a road near Carbondale just hours before they were found Friday morning.

The vet who did the necropsy said the animals were dogs, not coyotes, which he could tell by their teeth and muscular skeleton. He said they are one-year old dogs of a long-nose breed.

Authorities said the two dogs were killed, skinned, their carcasses dumped on the side of a rural stretch of Dundaff Street in Fell Township, near Carbondale.

State troopers said they got the call about 11 a.m. PennDOT crews checking the drains for the winter made the grisly discovery.

Lackawanna County Humane Society officers examined the carcasses while troopers took photos for evidence.

"I'm seeing wounds that look like bullet holes but I'm not sure, until we have the necropsy done. I don't see an exit wound, but if it is a bullet hole, we're going to find a bullet in there," said humane office Tina Walter.

A few days ago, the same humane society officers were called to a report of the carcasses of three beaten and skinned dogs in Wyoming County near Tunkhannock.

The veterinarian who examined those dogs said they were so badly mutilated he couldn't even determine their breed.

Humane society officers think the male and female found Friday look like the same type of dog as the ones killed in Wyoming County but they can't be sure.

They think there is a troubled person out there and can't imagine who would do this.

"Normal complaints you just try to help the animals. In this case, we'd like to try to find the person who did this to these dogs. Two different areas, the same situation, i just hope we can find the people who did it," siad humane officer Jamie Marciano.

Humane society officers said the dogs' nails look trimmed and it appears that they were owned.

If you have any information about any missing dogs or about who might be responsible, call the Humane Society of Lackawanna County at 570-585-0510.

Default Re: Mutilated dogs

I've read your guys forum on and off for awhile now and had to register for this one. This sickens me.

Seems like a good oppurtunity to set up and wait for this guy.

People are morons in general.....
    Jules

(Chester County)

Anyone who does that to a dog needs the same done back to them. No dog deserves to be treated like that and killed in that manner.

(Cambria County)

Exclamation Re: Mutilated dogs

Ide just Tie my dog out side with me posted in the window with a nice 308 at least or a 30-06, with Hollow Points and shoot hi in the face for his stupid murderous animal killings. Notice how he wont screw with people or larger animals that can protect themselfs. Spineless petty crimes should end with DEATH, this will save others pain in the long run. ..... from angry animal owner !
    1 BG + 10 gauge = 2 Smaller Bg's LOL [SIGPIC]

(Cambria County)

Exclamation Re: Mutilated dogs

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    People are morons in general.....
    Jules
    Yes i very much agree with you .. =)
    1 BG + 10 gauge = 2 Smaller Bg's LOL [SIGPIC]

what the hell is wrong with some people? (some)... is it something in the water? i know (some) people like to kill cats,( not skin them) but this is getting out of hand...

Hopefully the people in the community will ban together to catch this killer. And when they do, bring him over to my house, I have a German Shepherd that would love to meet him.

Its so sad, but these poor dogs are gone and there is nothing we can do to bring them back. Hopefully they do find a slug in one of the bodies and it could be traced.

Prayers for those dogs and the families that lost them.

(Montgomery County)

These apear to me like a precurser to something more sinister and vile, a 'training' of sorts. I would not doubt a possible rape or murder in the near future. I would truthfully expect it unfortunately. I believe the person may need serious psychological help to stop him from possibly doing something much more violent and harmful than this. I hope for everyones safety, that this creep is caught.

(Chester County)

this person needs to be caught and hung for his crimes as michael vick should have been, i own a rottweiler a pitbull and a chocolate lab, and i have love for every dog in existance, dogs arent bad the people they learn from can be, dogs are a perfect fit into the human companion role and should be treated as such when crimes are commited against them!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast