Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Is it legal to carry....

B"H

I have only 2 magazines for my AR 15. I believe 60 bullets are way too much fire power to keep a bad guy out of your home until the police get to my home . am i right? i live 3 blocks from the police station.

Quote Originally Posted by voola View Post
    B"H

I have only 2 magazines for my AR 15. I believe 60 bullets are way too much fire power to keep a bad guy out of your home until the police get to my home . am i right? i live 3 blocks from the police station.
    "Way too much" in what way? What harm will be caused by having more rounds on hand than you will use? Contrast that with having fewer rounds than you'll need. I hope that I never run out of ammo before I run out of attackers.

(Armstrong County)

B"H

Too much. It depends how good of a shot you are, and on the senerio, If its one burglar trying to get some cash, a tv, or drugs, then yes it may be more than you need. Ideally you wouldnt need a single round, present the firearm, and the subdue. But say your in a situation like New Orleans, then 60 rounds isnt even enough to get you to lunch. If something like that happens, it dont matter if the police are 3 blocks away, cuz they are out protecting thier own asses. Also You may want to reconsider using an AR as a primary home defense weapon. You wouldnt want to shoot through the wall and hit one of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is no Federal or Pennsylvania law against carrying a magazine loaded with bullets, or even loaded with cartridges (which I find will rattle a lot less.) Don't cross any state lines, though.

But let's jump back a step: You only have one magazine for your AR-15? I have at least a dozen within reach of my desk right now. I've found more than one stuck in my couch cushions. I'm pretty sure my dogs have a stash of mags bigger than that (but they lack thumbs, so I'm pretty safe.) You seriously need to buy another mag or two, because a "tactical reload" should not involve you counting to 30.
    B"H

What is the difference between a bullet and a cartridge? i am honestly very curious why would someone have "so many" magazines? that is 400 bullets at least in your house right now!

(Mercer County)

a bullet is the lead, jacketed, etc. projectile that comes out of the barrel when you shoot a gun. cartridge is the entire item you load into the chamber of the gun to fire, consisting of primer, brass case (shell), powder, and bullet. 400 rds. is nothing im sure the general consensus around here would probably be alot more than that. i know that is the case with me since there are alot of different calibers i shoot.

(Philadelphia County)

B"H

What is the difference between a bullet and a cartridge? i am honestly very curious why would someone have "so many" magazines? that is 400 bullets at least in your house right now!
    A bullet is what leaves the gun and hits a bad guy. The case is ejected onto the floor. Put em together, some call em a cartridge.

About the 400 rounds, Its better to have to many than not enough.

If the SHTF, its nice to have ammo ready at hand.
    Last edited by biggs88; May 12th, 2009 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepyromaniak View Post
    Too much. It depends how good of a shot you are, and on the senerio, If its one burglar trying to get some cash, a tv, or drugs, then yes it may be more than you need. Ideally you wouldnt need a single round, present the firearm, and the subdue. But say your in a situation like New Orleans, then 60 rounds isnt even enough to get you to lunch. If something like that happens, it dont matter if the police are 3 blocks away, cuz they are out protecting thier own asses. Also You may want to reconsider using an AR as a primary home defense weapon. You wouldnt want to shoot through the wall and hit one of your loved ones.
    B"H

First of all i respect all of your opinions. for sure you guys have been around longer than me and are more smarter. It is very interesting how people think different. i will rethink more scenarios tonight in bed. i just never thought new orleans could repeat itself. sorry if i offended anyone.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    For the safety aspect I would suggest education.
    I started teaching my kids gun safety as soon as they could talk. We had a routine, they had to say three things and get the appropriate response

• May I touch it?
    • Is it loaded?
    • Show me!

That was so ingrained in their heads that whe my son was about 15, I asked him if he knew the three rules of gun safety and that's what he said.

Guns were demystified in my house. Just an everyday object, everyday dangerous object but nothing special.

. . . i am honestly very curious why would someone have "so many" magazines? that is 400 bullets at least in your house right now!
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.

Ijust never thought new orleans could repeat itself. sorry if i offended anyone.
    no one thought it would happen the first time either....no one thought a lot of things would happen until they did

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast