Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default OK, it's my turn to vent.

I'm so sick of the argument that "No one should have those. Their only purpose is to kill"

Wait, guns are meant to kill? Seriously? Well... NO SHIT. That is the whole point people. The second amendment exists to give the people effective means to protect themselves from violence and tyranny. How? I'm glad you asked. By meeting violence with violence. Fight fire with fire. Anyone ever heard that one before?

Guns don't fire flowers and good vibes. When bad people are trying to kill you, you just might need an effective weapon to kill them first. Go Figure.

Why do I need a military type weapon with a thirty round mag? To stop some violent scumbag from harming my family. That is why.

If some asshole is trying to kill me I want him to lose. I don't care if he is one solitary asshole with a dull steak knife. If that asshole tries to attack me I want an AK with a thirty round mag. I want overwhelming firepower. I don't want to re-enact west side story. I want that violent ass hole criminal to lose. He is a bad guy. I am not. Fuck him. I want enough firepower to stop him from attacking. In fact I want even more than I could need. I want so much that there's no way I don't have enough. If I have to fire 30 times and somehow against all odds this asshole is still attacking I want to reload and fire some more until he stops attacking. If he lives, good for him. If he dies, I won't miss him. As long as he stops attacking I'll be satisfied.

I actually heard some asshole on TV today say that I might have a right to bear arms but he has a right to feel safe in society. Seriously, what the fuck? No, you don't. You aren't safe. Stop kidding yourself. You don't have a fucking force field. News flash folks, there are bad people in the world. In fact, one of them just killed a bunch of kids a few weeks ago. Remember that? Well guess what? You might have to defend yourself against one of these evil bastards. It is not that far fetched. Stop thinking you're immune to evil, you most certainly are not.

If you want to feel safe, here's a crazy idea: get a gun and take some responsibility for your own safety instead of trying to take away my right to self defense because of your irrational fear of guns. These assholes need to develop a healthy fear of criminals instead of fearing inanimate objects.

And for the love of God and all that is holy, if I have to hear about one more hunter who supports "reasonable restrictions" and agrees that "assault weapons" have no place in society I'm just going to fucking scream. The second amendment is not about hunting. I am so sick of having to say that.

Well check this out Elmer, how about I keep my constitutionally protected military style rifles and you give up your damned fancy bolt action hunting rifles which clearly are not well suited for self defense and the protection of liberty in the modern world. Now that sounds "reasonable" to me.

Rant Off.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: OK, it's my turn to vent.

Rant on, sir.

Also, be happy that we have a place on the internet to rant our views. I've been spending a lot of time on Twitter protesting people's opinions of weapons and self defense. I logged on today to find that my account had been permanently suspended on some crap part of the U.A. Freedom of speech indeed.

To those that propose guns are only meant for killing; I've owned firearms for six years and haven't killed anything. A few coyotes, but no people. The great majority of rounds through my weapons were fired at paper.

That being said, I might have the need to kill someone. I don't want to, but if my person, family, or innocents are threatened, I will without hesitation. I deeply hope that I never have to, but I'm mentally and physically prepared to do so.

There are two main types of anti's that I've dealt with. When I end my argument with, "I truly hope you never have to defend yourself or your family and wish you had a firearm," some don't respond and walk away. The others tell me, to my face, that they would rather see their family die and let themselves be killed before they'd use a firearm against another person. I have absolutely zero respect for the latter. It's disgusting and abominable that you would lay down and die, and let your loved ones be killed without fighting back.

End rant.

(York County)

For an object that was designed and meant to kill, they really suck at it, since an object that wasn't designed and meant to kill, swimming pools, kill more people than guns.

Or something to that effect.

Here are a couple short YouTube vids that should interest you, and maybe be of some assistance to you...

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Allegheny County)

And oddly enough, most firearms in the US have never been used to kill anything. Is there anything else whose purpose is so often unfulfilled?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post
    And oddly enough, most firearms in the US have never been used to kill anything. Is there anything else whose purpose is so often unfulfilled?
    Well... I do have 2 children as proof that it once worked...
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

wrong thread
    Last edited by Wildbill990; January 9th, 2013 at 02:52 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Well said sir, I agree. I just went through that this past weekend with some friends. They have no clue why the 2nd amendment was written.
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

(Venango County)

I don't feel safe when people abuse the first amendment to try and circumvent the second. We are talking suggestions about changing the Constitutional Bill of Rights which cannot be changed. That is the real crime here.

Keeping and bearing arms is not a crime.

So, really, who is being MORE dangerous?
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch