Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default SUV's RIP - Headline On Drudge

Wow. Now I really took notice to this. No more SUV's?

(Chester County)

Default Re: SUV's RIP - Headline On Drudge

What are you talking about?
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Philadelphia County)

The automakers are dramatically reducing the number of SUVs that they are putting on the market. Apparently because people are no longer stupid enough to buy them.

Good riddance.

I HATE SUVs, and the people who drive them. (<--Unless you have a need for such vehicle, ie-work related)
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Luzerne County)

Went to Drudge and the link listed as RIP SUV's is:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/busin...rpc=23&sp=true

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    The automakers are dramatically reducing the number of SUVs that they are putting on the market. Apparently because people are no longer stupid enough to buy them.

Good riddance.

I HATE SUVs, and the people who drive them. (<--Unless you have a need for such vehicle, ie-work related)
    I love SUV's. Seriously, I can't stand riding/driving a car. I'll definitely buy another one. Their safety and comfort make them an indisputably smart buy.

And I love you too, diego

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Somerset County)

Y'all do know that there is no such thing in the communistwealth of Pennsylvania as an SUV.

Kind of like the term "assault weapon"

Take a look at the title of the supposed SUV, they are called station wagons, or light trucks.
    (Remember the Station Wagon? Of course, now the marketers call 'em "crossover vehicles")

In all honesty, the handwriting was on the wall back in 2001, when the Ford Excursion was soundly drubbed by the automotive press. How long did it last? (answer 2 model years)

Like the station wagon, the hatchback, the coupe, and convertible, there will always be a market for the 4X4 with 4 doors, a hatch, and a large gas tank.
    One positive in all this, the local fire dept where I live was able to get an Excursion for really cheap, convert it to a Quick Response Unit, for a fraction of what the same vehicle would have cost just 2 years ago.

As far as "hating" SUV owners, just remember, that same SUV owner might just be the paramedic, fireman, or other "critical" worker that may just save your life.

Just a few thoughts.
    This space open for sponsorship

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    I love SUV's. Seriously, I can't stand riding/driving a car. I'll definitely buy another one. Their safety and comfort make them an indisputably smart buy.

And I love you too, diego
    The love is definitly felt, and reciprocated my friend!

I may hate your SUV, I may choose to socially ostracize you for driving one, but I'd defend your freedom to drive that gas-guzzling, hulking ugly tank piece of junk for as long as I live.

If I had an SUV, I'd drive that POS into the river and claim insurance, how much does it cost you to fill up a tank?

$100?

$150?

I can push my trusty little Honda Civic to 400miles on $50 of gas.

Man I love that car.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Erie County)

I keep waiting for the price of those Yukons to come down!

They get better mileage then my 15yo truck with 26gal tank.

(Monroe County)

I`ve barely ever owned a car. Even when we had a car I always have a pickup too. My wife had an Eclipse and now a Stratus and I`ve never ridden in either.
    Last March when a car ran a stop sign I realized why I`ll never drive a car. That extra gas is like insurance to me.

I think the bigger problem isn't SUVs, but Pickup trucks used as commuter vehicles. The term 'SUV' includes everything from a Ford Expedition/Chevy Suburban down to a Subaru Forester/Toyota RAV4.

My wife's last car was an Eclipse Spyder. Nice, relatively fuel efficient, but not with PA's roads. She now has a 4 door Jeep Wrangler. We average 21mpg with that. I drive a 9 year old Jeep Cherokee I can get 18mpg with that. Try hauling 9 sets of scuba equipment in a small car. Or try travelling with 4 people plus luggage for a week to florida in a small car. I two or three more years, we will be looking to replace the Cherokee.
    Last edited by Dave in PA; July 1st, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast