Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Hillary says "No Woman is Illegal"

Hillary Clinton: "no woman is illegal" (campaigning in Vegas to people who aren't citizens)

Hillary Clinton visited a neighborhood in Las Vegas yesterday that just happens to be home to many members of the Culinary Workers Union, which recently endorsed Barack Obama. And, she showed that, despite being a lawyer, she doesn't understand or support our immigration laws. She also campaigned to people who aren't citizens and might be illegal aliens. She was accompanied on her journey by Nevada state Assemblyman Ruben Kihuen.

Molly Ball gives us our first clue that many were not citizens when she says that some "didn't speak English or weren't old enough to vote." (She also gets quite flowery, referring to "tableaux of adorable multicultural children"; I wonder how she'd describe various varieties of monochromaticism. Of course, by "multicultural" she could have meant "monochromatic", which in her mind might be the same).

Then:

A man shouted through an opening in the wall that his wife was illegal... "No woman is illegal," Clinton said, to cheers.
    "Legal", of course, refers to someone's status and can apply to other things as well, such as "illegal pharmacist", "illegal lawyer", etc. The last, of course, would be pretty sweet.

Then, always willing to go native, she said:

"We treat [different issues relating to home foreclosures] as if one is guacamole and one is chips, when ... they both go together."
    Needless to say, "reporter" Molly Ball simply wrote down her remarks and didn't call her on anything.

J. Patrick Coolican of the Las Vegas Sun has this:

Many of the neighborhood residents either weren't citizens or weren't registered... Clinton must have been a bit baffled, for instance, when Kihuen took her to visit Esperanza Solorio, who's not a citizen. Kihuen explained her importance: She is a community activist who can move voters.
    Whether Kihuen and Clinton are involved in breaking the law in some way would certainly be a good thing to look into, but don't expect either of the Las Vegas papers to do that. And, even if no laws were broken no politician should be trying to find helpers who aren't even citizens.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

Default Re: Hillary says "No Woman is Illegal"

She is a moron....
    Jules

(Philadelphia County)

Ugh. I've been active with pro-immigrant groups, but I've always thought the slogan "No Human Being is Illegal" was kind of silly.

But Hillary saying "No Woman is Illegal" is taking it a step farther, into the realm of absurdity-- Hillary figures she'll change the slogan so that she can get her "feminist" props. And, make no mistake, Hillary's "feminism" is about as shallow as it gets-- she supports reproductive rights, but beyond that it's all a lot of "feminist" rhetoric and no substance.

But her little phrase isn't even the worst part of that article, this gem of a quote is--

"We treat [different issues relating to home foreclosures] as if one is guacamole and one is chips, when ... they both go together."

How the fuck can so many people be fooled by this pandering sleazeball? It's so fuckin transparent. The only thing I can figure is that there are a lot of Liberals out there who crave a "strong woman" in a position of leadership that they're willing to blind themselves to Hillary's numerous faults. Same old story throughout history-- people want a symbol or a savior so bad they'll chuck all evidence, reason, critical judgement and independence out the window to get one.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    Ugh. I've been active with pro-immigrant groups, but I've always thought the slogan "No Human Being is Illegal" was kind of silly.

But Hillary saying "No Woman is Illegal" is taking it a step farther, into the realm of absurdity-- Hillary figures she'll change the slogan so that she can get her "feminist" props. And, make no mistake, Hillary's "feminism" is about as shallow as it gets-- she supports reproductive rights, but beyond that it's all a lot of "feminist" rhetoric and no substance.

But her little phrase isn't even the worst part of that article, this gem of a quote is--

How the fuck can so many people be fooled by this pandering sleazeball? It's so fuckin transparent. The only thing I can figure is that there are a lot of Liberals out there who crave a "strong woman" in a position of leadership that they're willing to blind themselves to Hillary's numerous faults. Same old story throughout history-- people want a symbol or a savior so bad they'll chuck all evidence, reason, critical judgement and independence out the window to get one.
    I wonder if she said it with a Mexican accent a la her Selma, Alabama gaff.

Disgusting, pandering sleazeball is correct.

Slim
    "How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an Anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."- Ronald Reagan

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry