Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Oaks Show Feb 10 -12?

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    JoshIronshaft

We love seeing new faces at the shows. We have kicked around ideas to attract new vendors. The new issue that arises is vendors that have been doing the shows for 10 years feel neglected, which also has merit. It's and interesting thing to think about!

free

flea markets and non gun related things are blaspheme in this industry! we get flak when we have 'too many' knife dealers.
    More sellers with unique items should attract more buyers, and in theory, everyone wins...

Regarding the flea market sellers with non-gun stuff, if they keep coming, then it must be worth their time and costs. So the buyers are to blame for supporting them. Personally, there are a lot of tables at a gun show that I have no interest in, but I don't lose any sleep over it. I would only be concerned if there were no more available tables and the fudge lady took a table that could of been covered with gun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Be careful getting tables at gun shows for selling of some of your excess guns and accessories. It can be addictive and the next thing you know, 35 years later, you're a full time gun dealer. Ask me how I know this....
    I blew out all my inventory, so for now I don't have that problem, but I will proceed with caution!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Montgomery County)

It's interesting hearing the vendors' point of view. It's not something I've really thought about. I will say that as a consumer, going to Oaks anymore is getting too expensive. The deals just aren't at the gun shows anymore, unless you want Chinese BS parts. I liked going just to walk around and buy some ammo or look for a certain model of firearm that local shops don't have. It's $30 for .e and my wife just enter the show now. That's more than I pay in shipping if I order online. I'll probably hit a show or two, but not as often as I was.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Delaware County)

I now only go to shows if I have a friend that wants me to take them. I buy everything I need on line, and mostly with free shipping. Sad, because I really used to like going. But as venders have to worry about cost, I too have to worry about my own wallet.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

the last oaks show I attended (not this most recent one, the one before it), I purchased something that was defective on Friday. went Saturday morning to exchange it. they let me in and on my way out, I saw something i wanted to purchase. guy said his credit card machine was down - I told him to wait a second and I'll hit the atm machine... nope, some bitch at the door yelled at me and said I would have to pay for Saturday's entrance fee.... told the vendor, sorry. never will go back to a show again...shame really, been going for many, many years.

it always annoyed me to have to pay for my kids too (10 years old and younger). was willing to do it, though... but not after this.

good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I now only go to shows if I have a friend that wants me to take them. I buy everything I need on line, and mostly with free shipping. Sad, because I really used to like going. But as venders have to worry about cost, I too have to worry about my own wallet.
    This^^^
    It sucks but this is what happens when you aren't a wealthy person. I used to love going to these shows,
    and walking around looking for a good deal. Seems the best deals are online.
    FJB

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    the last oaks show I attended (not this most recent one, the one before it), I purchased something that was defective on Friday. went Saturday morning to exchange it. they let me in and on my way out, I saw something i wanted to purchase. guy said his credit card machine was down - I told him to wait a second and I'll hit the atm machine... nope, some bitch at the door yelled at me and said I would have to pay for Saturday's entrance fee.... told the vendor, sorry. never will go back to a show again...shame really, been going for many, many years.

it always annoyed me to have to pay for my kids too (10 years old and younger). was willing to do it, though... but not after this.

good luck to them.

Sorry that happened. We have people that try to 'sneak in.' I've been more lenient with folks coming back in just to grab something real quick from the day before.

As far as your children, 12 and under are always free. No one gets charged. We are very open to interpretation on what 12 years old actually is. Send me a message and I'll get you a couple free passes for the March/April extravaganza.

(Washington County)

Regarding gun show attendance in general, the most recent Washington, PA show (January) had really high attendance. It was their first show to hit pre-covid attendance numbers since covid hit. So, that show has the recipe for success, whatever it may be.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    More sellers with unique items should attract more buyers, and in theory, everyone wins...

!
    Not always the case, My father dealt with alot of hard to get or unique mil surp items and over the last 10-15 years there was an extreme drop in interest. Thats one reson why he stopped setting up.
    No Peace In Our Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    This is a reson why many dealers skip shows, it is for me. But all my items are older,antique or just hard to get originals.
    No Peace In Our Time.

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    JoshIronshaft

We love seeing new faces at the shows. We have kicked around ideas to attract new vendors. The new issue that arises is vendors that have been doing the shows for 10 years feel neglected, which also has merit. It's and interesting thing to think about!

flea markets and non gun related things are blaspheme in this industry! we get flak when we have 'too many' knife dealers.

You have an amazing show, reminds me the old room in harrisburg back in the 90's. I think you have done all you can, the problem is getting customers to crack open their wallets. When i set up there many years ago buying was great but selling was disappointing.
    No Peace In Our Time.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast