Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Help me find bipod adapter for my AR

I've been seeing some Harris bipods for sale on other forums. I would like to get one for my Colt AR. I am new to the EBR's so I am not sure which adapter I need. Here is a pic of the gun if can toss me a link to the part in MidwayUSA it would be greatly appreciated. I will put it in my wishlist and get it when I order next time.

By the way do I have a A2handguard?

I also got a Anvil Arms stripped lower and a AGI DVD on AR-15 coming. I am taking steps to learn the ins and outs of these guns!

Thanks for yours truly,

EBR Noob!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Default Re: Help me find bipod adapter for my AR

Shooters Ridge Bipod adapter available at Gander Mt. for $10-$15

Last edited by hower610; January 12th, 2009 at 11:10 PM.

(Bedford County)

Thanks hower610. This one from MidwayUSA appears to be the same. Correct? I get to Gander Mtn only about once a year.

How do they attach to the gun?
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
    Thanks hower610. This one from MidwayUSA appears to be the same. Correct? I get to Gander Mtn only about once a year.

How do they attach to the gun?
    Yep, thats it.

Pull your bottom hand guard off, remove the heat shield, insert the long piece through the third hole from the front. install the swivel stud then reinstall the heat shield. Put hand guard back on gun and mount bipod. Install magazine, pull back on charging handle, never mind you know how this part goes. Real easy, about 15 minutes to install. It's so easy, a caveman could do it.
    Last edited by hower610; January 12th, 2009 at 11:31 PM.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by hower610 View Post
    Yep, thats it.

Pull your bottom hand guard off, remove the heat shield, insert the long piece through the third hole from the front. install the swivel stud then reinstall the heat shield. Put hand guard back on gun and mount bipod. Install magazine, pull back on charging handle, never mind you know how this part goes. Real easy, about 15 minutes to install. It's so easy, a caveman could do it.
    Feelin kinda stupid here but how do I get the bottom hand guard off? It appears to be locked in between the handuard cap and the delta ring. Do I need any tools (i.e., handguard removal tool, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
    Feelin kinda stupid here but how do I get the bottom hand guard off? It appears to be locked in between the handuard cap and the delta ring. Do I need any tools (i.e., handguard removal tool, etc)?
    You could buy the handguard removal tool, or you could try without or just get an extra set of hands...the tool certainly makes it easier. What you need to do is pull down on the delta ring (away from the muzzle) and this will allow the guards to be removed.

first off, make sure that your firearm is unloaded, and preferably lock the bolt back WITHOUT a magazine in the mag well. Now put the butt stock on the ground and lean and push down with your strength on the delta ring. That's the easier way to get it to budge and if you're using your weight, you can kind of hold it with one hand and use the other to get the handguard loose. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful if you're doing it this way because it's a good way to point your muzzle at your chest and head. You can try to stay on an angle so that it stays pointed away, is the safest way. Oh and you can just try to do it without this method, and use it as a last resort before the tool. Remember make sure that it's unloaded and no magazine in the rifle.

(Lehigh County)

(Blair County)

Chunky, I know you said Harris, but as the preceding link shows, you can get a bi-pod that fits a Weaver rail. PM me and I’ll show you some.

You almost need two people to remove the handguard or a tool, course I am getting older.

Steve

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by hower610 View Post
    Yep, thats it.

Got it off guys. Wasn't very hard at all but I see what you mean by possibly needing another set of hands.

Now I'm gonna guess that the aluminum piece inside is the heat shield. The piece is marked 'DO NOT REMOVE" and appears to be held in with a wax like substance . Do I need to take that out and do I need to fasten it back in somehow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast