Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default M&P 9c Review/ Opinion

Hey I finally was able to go to the range to break in my M&P and just wanted to give a little overview of my trip and gauge some opinions about how I can improve. I tried shooting two hands and then one hand.

I shot 3 boxes of Remington UMC 115 FMJ and a box of Fiocchi 115 FMJ. I am still not sure which I prefer but I think it would be the Fiocchi. Everything went smooth no hiccups. I dont know if I using a stronger grip but after I hit around a 100 rounds I noticed that there was less recoil and I was able to line of my sights a little quicker. The barrel was a little dirty I think due to the Remingtons but Ill find out next time when I use just Fiocchi.

The following pictures are the results of 200 rounds. Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated. Im not all that knowledgeable about firearms I am gradually learning so a little a patience would be apprciated with my first review.

p.s the middle is one handed, last one is two handed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ksig1869; January 12th, 2009 at 07:10 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: M&P 9c Review/ Opinion

I just picked up my M&P 9c recently (after taking a 6hr handgun course and being able to try out several different types of handguns) and I love it! I just put a hundred rounds through it today for the first time

Good luck with your new purchase

(Centre County)

I can get my M&P9C to much tighter group then that at 10yds(donno what was your distance was).

Is it new? If so, Trigger on these M&P needs to be broken in. Its usualy bit on gritty side when they are new.
    Both of my M&P9 and M&P9C was grittiy and gave me pisspoor grouping. But once trigger was broken in(and you'll know as trigger gets smooth), you can do better grouping!

Congrats, and let us know how it goes as round counts goes up
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Bedford County)

I have the M&P9C. Love it!

Shoot the hell out of it, and practice good habits. looking at those targets, there is no place to begin "dialing you in". You have shots scattered all over. Thats not the gun....thats the shooter.

Don't quit. Keep at it, and you will get better.

(Lehigh County)

Have to agree that the M&P9c is a nice compact pistol... absolutely love mine. As for the groups your getting - those will tighten up with practice, although Im not sure at what distance you shot those from. I typically "warm up" with 50 or so at 10 yards, mostly to practice double taps. Im also seeing considerable tighter grouping at longer distance with the Winchester white box (Wal-mart special), but honestly Im also using a crimson trace sight on the gun as well (it really makes for fast target acquisition.

All in all I think youll be very happy with the 9c. I found that having large hands that the magazine with the flat floor plate was all but useless - if you call S&W they will send you out the magazine floor plate with the finger extension right away (they sent me 3 at no charge).

Have fun and shoot safe!

(Dauphin County)

I had a M&P 9c and put about 2K rounds thrugh mine before I sold it but here is my take having exp with the gun.

trigger control.........learn when that trigger breaks and that will change as the trigger breaks in also usually in about 500-700 rds. After that proper finger placement and shooting technique should get you on target better.

(Delaware County)

I was looking at the M&P. Everyone that has one seems to like it. Your grouping is not an issue from where I sit. If the gun is comfortable in your hand and you like it, the rest is all practice.
    One other thing IMHO, I would not worry about shooting more than 7 yds till you can packum in at that distance. You will have more fun that way.
    Good luck with your M&P!

(Monroe County)

M&Ps are very accurate guns. I would suggest practicing your trigger reset. After your fire you shot slowly bring you finger froward until you feel a click. Its not as noticeable as a glocks reset but it is there. This way you dont have to go through all of the take up every time. You should be able to obtain much tighter groups this way.