Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Lamborghini Debuts $1.4M Reventón

I want one!

“Uncompromising . . . a true automotive superlative.” That’s how Stephan Winkelman, president and CEO of Lamborghini describes his company’s latest product. And it needs to be: With a price of nearly $1.4 million U.S. — plus tax — it’s more than four times the price of the “ordinary” Murcielago that it’s based on.

It will be exclusive, too — just 20 of these exceptional cars will be produced, and all will be sold during 2008.

Everything about this car is more extreme than the Murcielago and every carbon fiber panel is new. Sharper edges; large, angled, forward-facing air intakes; deeply faired-in rear light clusters; a hood with open ventilation slots; asymmetrical body side air vents...seen side by side with the super-aggressive Reventón, the Murcielago looks almost tame.

Reventón will be offered in only one, exclusive color: an opaque green-grey, also called Reventón. It’s a metallic paint with an unusual matte finish in contrast to the high shine finish common to most vehicles. The matching wheels have carbon rims screwed to aluminum spokes.

The Murcielago’s 6.5-liter 12-cylinder engine has been upgraded to 650 horsepower and 487 lb-ft of torque for the Reventón, with an 8000 rpm redline. A specially contoured near flat floor provides superior aerodynamics, giving the car a 0-100 kph (0-62 mph) performance of 3.4 seconds. A robotized gearbox transmits the power to all four wheels.

Inside, the fighter-jet theme is carried through. The Alcantara, carbon, aluminum and leather interior has a no-nonsense air of functional luxury, but the pičce de résistance is the LCD instrument panel, which presents drivers with two modes (selectable at the flick of a switch), either striking high-tech, multifunctional aircraft-style instruments, or more traditional (simulated) analogue dials. Both options display a “3-D” g-meter, which measures both longitudinal (accelerative) and lateral (cornering) g forces.

The one thing that’s not fighter jet-inspired is the name. No, Lamborghini found an even more bloodthirsty source for their new car’s badge: Reventón was the name of a bull that famously defeated and killed top bullfighter Felix Guzman in 1943.

It’s an impressive package, and a characteristically flamboyant way to fulfill Lamborghini’s pledge to bring a new car to market every year.
    http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autosh...mentid=5421379

Proud member of:

(Berks County)

Default Re: Lamborghini Debuts $1.4M Reventón

Hey Agent Smith,

I'm actually saving my money to buy that car, really! So far I've got several thousand saved and I know that I have a long way to go, but I'm determined to get that car!

rand

Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Hey Agent Smith,

I'm actually saving my money to buy that car, really! So far I've got several thousand saved and I know that I have a long way to go, but I'm determined to get that car!

rand
    sell your hair

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    sell your hair
    XD45,

I've got one word for you:

"NEVER!"
    Lol!

rand

Rand, buy me one of them too? Please? I'll give you a hug!

"See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    Rand, buy me one of them too? Please? I'll give you a hug!

Hey jsb889,

I was thinking about buying you a Toyota Scion. . . it would fit you best, I think!

(A hug, that's it? Lol!)

rand
    Last edited by dnar; September 13th, 2007 at 10:40 PM.

(Chester County)

Hey Agent Smith,

rand
    Too late, all 20 are spoken for. You may have to settle for the regular version.

(Westmoreland County)

My relentless internet searching has led me to this article about the new Bull...lots of photos included!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lamborghini-reventon.html

I better start playing the lotto!

(For that kind of money...they better include the three hotties with your purchase!)

Last edited by RocketFoot; September 14th, 2007 at 11:50 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    Too late, all 20 are spoken for. You may have to settle for the regular version.
    Thanks for the info, KYPT! This BAD news that you were so kind to share with me just ruined my day! (Lol, I'm just kidding!) Well that's alright, I'll just use the money that I saved for that car and buy more gunz! Haha.

rand

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks for the info, KYPT! This BAD news that you were so kind to share with me just ruined my day! (Lol, I'm just kidding!) Well that's alright, I'll just use the money that I saved for that car and buy more gunz! Haha.

rand
    Rand, Guns are probably safer than that Lambo! I know I'd probably kill myself the first weekend that I owned it! I'll stick to my trusty old Ford Taurus!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast